Campag cassette on a Shimano free hub

jon208
jon208 Posts: 335
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
I'm saving up for some aero wheels for my Planet X Stealth and will probably end up going for a Planet X 82/101 wheelset. My bikes built up with a Campag groupset but these wheels are supplied on Shimano free hubs.

The obvious work around is to use a Shimano splined cassette with Campag spacing such as the ones on offer from Miche or Ambrosio. Does anyone have any experience with these? Is the I indexing/shifting as good as you'd get with a normal Campag cassette?

Thanks
Jon

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i have such a cassette made by ambrosio- the shifting is indistinguishable from a campag cassette

go for it! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • jon208
    jon208 Posts: 335
    Excellent, no excuse for not getting the credit card out then! Also probably going to get a disc in the future, these do come with Campag freehubs but if the cassettes are good then I'd be tempted to buy one with a Shimano splined freehub as I suspect the resale potential would be much greater than a campag only version.
  • Cranks
    Cranks Posts: 129
    If you are running a Shimano freehub and Campag components, and want something Ultegra to Dura Ace quality then look at the IRD ones.