Manchester 100mile? anyone done it?

Squillinossett
Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
im signed up for the manchester 100 in sept, just wondering if anyone has done it and what the roads are like? Flat? Hilly?

Im currently training around Huddersfield as Iive near it and its very hilly, but would be good to know what im expecting.

Thanks

Comments

• volvicspar
    volvicspar Posts: 208
    Its flat and mostly quiet roads though there are 1 or 2 steepish hills one right near the end to catch you out :twisted: But if your training in Huddersfield then it will be extremely flat compared to there. 8) A good ride, you have to watch out for once a year riders who wonder all over the road and ride 5 side by side (yes it happens!
    ) .
  • Squillinossett
    Think I might get some Aero bars if its mostly flat, might help get my time down
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    No hills to worry about. Just be careful when you finally meet up with the 60 mile route....some wobbly bobs all over the road...our group literally overtook them on the wrong side of the road.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    im signed up for the manchester 100 in sept, just wondering if anyone has done it and what the roads are like? Flat? Hilly?

Im currently training around Huddersfield as Iive near it and its very hilly, but would be good to know what im expecting.

Thanks

Yes, its flat enough - approx 3000 ft of climbing overall - (I might do it again this year - enjoyed it last year - raises some money for a good cause).
  • Not sure about the Manc 100, but a lot of organised rides don't allow aero bars as they're not terribly safe when riding in a group if there's a crash - they can spear people.
  • Squillinossett
    Not sure about the Manc 100, but a lot of organised rides don't allow aero bars as they're not terribly safe when riding in a group if there's a crash - they can spear people.

I just read a thread about this, I have to phone them tomorrow as my pack still aint arrived and paid months ago! So ill ask them then
  • Not sure about the Manc 100, but a lot of organised rides don't allow aero bars as they're not terribly safe when riding in a group if there's a crash - they can spear people.

I just read a thread about this, I have to phone them tomorrow as my pack still aint arrived and paid months ago! So ill ask them then

I would ring them - my pack & T-shirt arrived a few weeks ago.
  • volvine
    volvine Posts: 409
    i rode this last year enjoyed it if you are doing plenty of training it is pretty flat and decent roads if you are unfit like i was it is very hilly lol lol :lol: