New Bartape Colour?

White Line
White Line Posts: 887
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
The time has come to replace the bartape on my Trek 1.2. The bike and stock bartape are both white, for those of you who don't know.

The entire bike is white, red and black (how cliché). :roll: It just happened, okay?!

So, what colour to go for? Feeling like mixing sh*t up. Next thing you know I'll be getting one of those deep section Charge Plug style rims - all colourful. :twisted: I was playing about in Photoshop, and lime and yellow look quite dashing. As do the Charge rims. :oops:

The only colour I wouldn't consider is pink ... Of course, I'm not referring to anybody here. Just saying. :wink:

Comments

• bianchi777
    bianchi777 Posts: 101
    Cinelli Splash Cork...I think there is a red/black option!
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    lol who voted lime? :D

Gotta be white, with matching white tyres!
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Why can't I poll for BEIGE??? :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    skyd0g - beige would be OK, but you'd forget the first time you cleaned it...

(skyd0g cleaning his bike)

''Damn bartape!!! Why won't it get white!!?? Grrr..!!! Right, that's it, where the bleach!!''

**5 mins later**

''ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! STILL not clean!!??? WHY!!!!?????''

**Lights fire**

''Right, take that stupid bike! Now who's gonna clean ya' now your all burning and sh1t!?''

Ok, so maybe that's a bit extreme, but you get the idea!

:lol
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Beige is the new black, don't ya know? :D
    ...ask Terry Wogan, he'll tell ya!

...methinks I possibly may not be taking this particular thread very seriously. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    bianchi777 wrote:
    Cinelli Splash Cork...I think there is a red/black option!
    Nope, red and yellow. I'd like a red and blue, which they don't do either, but have had to settle for the grey / black...img_splash_ribbon.jpgI do like that zebra tape though.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Whatever colour your saddle is, thems the rules. Sorry 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • MRadd
    MRadd Posts: 205
    I had the same connundrum a while back.

Extremly similar coloured Kinesis is what im on. White frame, red decals, red hope bits... Carbon for everywhere else. Had white on for ages... Just swapped to Spesh Roubaix tape in red... Perfect! looks really classy... and comfy.

Oh and whack a gold chain on... now it looks real nice, obviously as long as you have a lovely new shiny... Easton Crank set... mmmmmmmmm

anyone want a piccy? ;)
    : "Why don't i remember breaking my face?" :

: Semi Professional Grease Monkey, Full time Tea boy... :
  • White Line
    Skyd0g, my bartape is beige now. :( That's partly why I need more.

Damn you all for making me go on Wiggle. Every time I visit that site I have no money for few weeks! :oops:

I'm not too keen on the zebra tape to be honest. I just looks ... untidy. :? The Cinelli Splash tape might be doable in yellow/black. Maybe.

However, on my wee trip to Wiggle I seen the Cinelli Lumen tape - white at day, lime at night! :lol: Also tempted my the Italian Flag tape too. Shame they don't do a Germany one. Funnily enough, I received a suggestion for rasta colours today. :D

Just hope I don't end up on the internet drunk and buy some weird bartape that doesn't work with my bike!

My saddle is black. I don't want black bartape. It's just not tarty enough. :oops: Although, it has white stitching and a red logo. :roll: (Like I said - )everything is black, white and red).
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Like most bars after a while why don't we get white with grubby/greasy hand marks on it and so we can claim its always new!
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Sellotape.

Wipes off a treat. Cheap as chips.
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • torrens
    torrens Posts: 32
    Hmm, I need new bartape and I'm thinking of pink! That's the lizard skin pricey stuff in pink of course.

Have you noticed a recent trend for hard men to ride baby blue or entirely pink or at least pastel coloured bikes? I was thinking about this on Sunday for a few hours as I participated in the White Rose Challenge. Quite a few of the "mess with me at your peril" riders were on "screaming" bikes. Maybe it's a bit like paras (or is it marines?) who have a penchant for dressing in ladies' underwear for their nights out? or maybe not?

Anyway, perhaps I'll just go for black, again. It's ever so practical.
  • White Line
    The Lizard Skin stuff may be pricey, but I still took the plunge. ;)

It doesn't feel as bad/weird/creepy as I thought it would, so I'd say go for it! Get your pastel pink or blue!

FYI, I got the lime. It looks awesome. :twisted:
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    torrens wrote:
    Have you noticed a recent trend for hard men to ride baby blue or entirely pink or at least pastel coloured bikes?

So what you're saying is that some blokes, while surrounded by a load of other blokes, like to cover themselves in pink and pastel colours. And while doing so, they are hard.

I think you'll find these individuals may be fans of musicals. Friends of Judy Garland, if you will. Lovers of Barbara Streisand.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

seinfeld.jpg
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    White bar tape? Fine if you like cleaning it regularly. :wink:
    If you want something a bit different, how about purple? One of my old clubmates had purple tape and matching Vredestein Tri-Comps on his road bike. Worked surprisingly well against a mostly white frame.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Voted white but would go for black personally..............
  • taz3611
    taz3611 Posts: 172
    Does it REALLY matter? Just ride the damn thing.