Ahem..

Comments

• rwalworth
    rwalworth Posts: 176
    Cool looking bike, now we need the pics of you in lycra!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What colour is that for a shed?!

Needs to be blue like mine!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Nice bike Benj! How you find it? Mine hurt my back for the first few times, ached for days, but after percivering with it, it's really comfortable now :lol:

And you can't be that embarressed! You posted 3 photos! :wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    oooohhh

Gear shifting brake levers :shock:

Nice though :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    thats a nice looking bike, have you ridden it yet?
  • Hmmmm how can I describe it....

FAAAAAASSSSSSTTTTTTT

:D

Its great, I actually really really enjoy riding it! Picked it up at 5pm and have already been out on it for a longish run :) (twice!)

Its not bad on the back actualy, just weird kinda facing the floor on the drops :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Poor skinny thing, looks like it could do with a burger!

But seriously, that does look very nice. I'm quite tempted to one day begin looking into possibly expressing an interest in planning to start saving for getting a road bike!

Don't really get enough time for proper use of the MTB at the mo to be honest, hmmmm, but I could use the road bike during the weeks to keep me fit for going to trail centres on the MTB at weekends.........
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Chaz.Harding
    You'll get used to it. Is it a standard 'double' or a 'compact'? Either way, the gears must be a bit different to your other bike(s)!!

You been up any steep, long-ish hills yet? :lol:

You'll be a mixture of amazed, shocked and in pain (with longer gears, you have to go faster, and it hurts more! :shock: :lol: )
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • supersonic
    edited June 2009
  • Chaz.Harding
    supersonic - what did you do??

I take it I missed something here...?
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • supersonic wrote:
    Looks better now:

Brilliant.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Lol, is it a GT Defy-skar now?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    bigbenj_08

Hope you have smooth roads in Cardiff :lol:

Seriously though, been out on the roadie recently and it can hurt :(
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • You'll get used to it. Is it a standard 'double' or a 'compact'? Either way, the gears must be a bit different to your other bike(s)!!

You been up any steep, long-ish hills yet? :lol:

You'll be a mixture of amazed, shocked and in pain (with longer gears, you have to go faster, and it hurts more! :shock: :lol: )

Its actually a triple! I could have sworn it was a double in the shop!

I haven't been out of top gear yet so i may have to put a longer gear in there eventually. coming home on the flat I was cruising along in top gear :D

Haven't hit any hills yet... tried standing up though :shock:

Its quite comfortable tbh, legs are getting a different workout though!
  • supersonic
    Its actually a triple triangle!

Certainly is!
  • bails87 wrote:
    Poor skinny thing, looks like it could do with a burger!

But seriously, that does look very nice. I'm quite tempted to one day begin looking into possibly expressing an interest in planning to start saving for getting a road bike!

Don't really get enough time for proper use of the MTB at the mo to be honest, hmmmm, but I could use the road bike during the weeks to keep me fit for going to trail centres on the MTB at weekends.........

thats the plan :wink: 10 miles after work and either a MTB ride or 50 miles on the roady at the weekend :)
  • Chaz.Harding
    Yeah, that standing thing can be a bit of a shock! It's weird!

And supersonic - I see it now.. :lol::lol::lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Anonymous
    i need a set of wder bars before i can stand and sprint on mine, gets very unstable!!
  • Chaz.Harding
    sheepsteeth - good luck with the whole bar-tape wrapping thing!!!

:lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • i need a set of wder bars before i can stand and sprint on mine, gets very unstable!!
    yea i'm used to having big fat tyres to lean onto :lol:

light wide carbon bars sound nice though (oh god its already starting)....
  • Anonymous
    haha, i just did it a couple of weeks ago as i bough somewhite bar tape, took a fair old while to figure out until i found a thread about how to do it, the trick was an extra separate piece of tape for round the back of the shifters.

will do a better job next time i hope!!
  • Anonymous
    I reckon Sonic's got it bang on with his modification. Why do the seatstays and the top tube meet in such a strange place? looks ugly to my eyes.

Also, why is it trendy to get a really large frame, with a tiny seatpost on a road bike?
  • I reckon Sonic's got it bang on with his modification. Why do the seatstays and the top tube meet in such a strange place? looks ugly to my eyes.

Also, why is it trendy to get a really large frame, with a tiny seatpost on a road bike?

I never thought it was trendy... i got it because i'm too long for the smaller size frame :?
  • supersonic
    Short stays, stiffer for power transfer. Apparently.

Oh, roadies enjoy banging their nuts on bars.
  • Anonymous
    Oh they have nuts?
    I thought the restrictive clothing would prevent them dropping, making them kind like spandex-clad eunuchs :lol:
  • Anonymous
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    I reckon Sonic's got it bang on with his modification. Why do the seatstays and the top tube meet in such a strange place? looks ugly to my eyes.

I never thought it was trendy... i got it because i'm too long for the smaller size frame :?

Nah, mate. I'm not calling you a trend-whore. I'm saying there seems to be a trend for frame manufacturers to make a really large frame, with a very tall top tube, where it would likely be lighter to make the setstays shorter (and stiffer!?!) and have a lower top tube.
    Then stick a carbon seatpost in and bob's your uncle.

I can;t help thinking that a more compact frame would also make the entire thing stiffer.
  • supersonic
    Santa Cruz made a compact frame a few years back:

2AF7E1_1.jpg

Nursing a semi.
  • Anonymous
    ah, now that's waht I'm talking about. THAT looks nice.