Descente Classic 3/4 Bib Tights

zoglug
zoglug Posts: 212
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

not a question about which bib's but specifically about these bib shorts. 50% off at Wiggle at the moment and im contemplating picking a set up, more for October time when the temp drops a little. Are they any good? worth the £32? Wont really use them for my commute but my longer evening/weekend rides.

Cheers

Zog
iamwhatiam.gif

Comments

• zoglug
    Gone with these instead. Heres hoping they are comfy. Same, but the shorts not the 3/4's
    iamwhatiam.gif
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,572
    Would be very interested to hear what you make of them,

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • zoglug
    Ill post up once i have a coupld of rides in them. Wiggle were very quick with my last order, so im expecting them early next week.
    iamwhatiam.gif
  • weapons
    weapons Posts: 367
    Bought a pair last week.

Haven't ridden in them yet, but they seem quite comfy when I tried them on. Pad is a bit less flexible than some of my other shorts but can't complain for the price.

p.s. the blue is a lot bluer than it looks in the picture.
  • Marko1962
    Marko1962 Posts: 320
    I bought a pair as well and whats really shocking is the fact that this shiny smooth really clingy Lycra mix shows everything :shock: :shock: otherwise a nice bib short (maybe apart from the greenyblue colour which i'm not too sure about)....

Haven't used a pair in anger yet...
  • EdZed
    EdZed Posts: 119
    have you read this thread yet? It might suggest that you keep an eye on your credit card activity over the next few days/weeks!

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
  • Marko1962
    I always use Paypal when possible, not had any problems.......yet........
  • zoglug
    Used paypal everytime, that way i am covered.
    iamwhatiam.gif
  • Marko1962
    Yikes just checked my account and see that on the same day I ordered these bib shorts I was stung for a Vodaphone £30 top-up and I had gone through PayPal as well to avoid anything like this happeneing :shock:

Bank stopped card now and will reimburse me so very little damage done except I will not be shopping on-line any more, now that is sooo inconvenient....
  • in wouldnt be so trustworthy of paypal iof i were you guys. double lock your account and be very vigilant as i recently had an unauthorised transaction of £400 go to 'loius molding' (exactly... who!?)

this took the £80 out of my paypal account and happily dipped the rest off my debit card. I then had to go theough the hassle of filing a dispute, cancelling all my cards etc and then had the pleasure of waiting 3 weeks for paypal to decide it was indeed fraudulent and give me back my money.

Needless to say i am super sceptical of paypal after having 2 friends and 1 family member have their accounts breached and money taken!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,572
    Sorry to hear this ended up in a credit card fraudulent situation, I know the feeling (3 times for me) :(

Anyway, I thought I might tag a few apparent bargain bibtights I had seen online....

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=9&ID=2005
    Limited sizes though.

These look good though, seriously thinking of getting some instead of £70 Santini twist gel ones.....anyone used these models?

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/trek-circuit-pro-windtex-bib-tight-mens-id48869.html
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18