Gordon and David Saddened

Porgy
Porgy Posts: 4,525
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8120738.stm

Gordon Brown and David Cameron have both said they are "saddened" by the death of pop legend Michael Jackson.
The prime minister's spokesman said the singer's death...was "very sad news" for his fans.
The Conservative leader described Jackson as a "legendary entertainer".

No 10 said Mr Brown's thoughts were with the singer's family at this difficult time.
"This is very sad news for the millions of Michael Jackson fans in Britain and around the world," a spokesman said.
David Cameron hails Jackson as 'an extraordinary talent'
Mr Cameron said: "I know Michael Jackson's fans in Britain and around the world will be sad today.
Mr Cameron spoke of "shock" when he learned of the news before going to bed on Thursday night.

:lol::lol::lol:

wa.nkers!

Comments

• Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Porgy wrote:
    wa.nkers!

What do you expect them to say when someone sticks a mic under their nose and asks for a comment? 'Doesn't matter to me'? You could loose an election on the number alienated Michael Jackson fans.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Sirius631 wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

What do you expect them to say when someone sticks a mic under their nose and asks for a comment? 'Doesn't matter to me'? You could loose an election on the number alienated Michael Jackson fans.

Seems to be that they're happier to comment on Jackson than anything that might be a bit tricky.

And that's another thing - why are the press trying to get politicians to comment on dead pop stars? :roll:

BTW - haven't they both claimed to be Arctic Monkeys fans at some point?
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Porgy wrote:
    Sirius631 wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Seems to be that they're happier to comment on Jackson than anything that might be a bit tricky.

And that's another thing - why are the press trying to get politicians to comment on dead pop stars? :roll:

BTW - haven't they both claimed to be Arctic Monkeys fans at some point?

Dunno, I don't pay attension when politicians try to look cool.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I'd be more inclined to vote for the politician who said, "Michael Jaskson, who's he then?"