ZIPVIT

fungus_the_muffin_man
fungus_the_muffin_man Posts: 1,608
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
Don't know if anyone is aware or even would like this offer but zipfit have got this box offer on for only £3.99 inc P&P.

ZV1 Energy Drink Elite - Fruit Punch Flavour
ZV1 Energy Drink Elite - Lemon Flavour
ZV3 Recovery Drink Rapide - Chocolate Flavour
ZV7 Energy+ Gel
ZV8 Energy+ Bar
ZV9 Protein+ Bar
ZipVit Omega Fish Oils
ZipVit 1-a-day Multi-Vitamins
Official Cerv�lo Test Team Water Bottle

LINKY THING
Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    two months after the first few threads ;)
  • CumbrianMan
    CumbrianMan Posts: 240
    FYI, the Orange Energy Gel is absolutely disgusting ! :(

Tried it on the DLMC, and I nearly threw up - it was that bad !! :!:

Got a freebie Apricot & Peach energy bar with a cycling mag, and that tasted OK.
    Haven't tried the rest yet.

SIS or High 5 gels for me ! :)
    "There are no hills, there is no wind, I feel no pain !"

"A bad day on the bike is always better than a good day in the office !"
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    two months after the first few threads ;)

* sticks tongue out* :oops:
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Anonymous
    The orange recovery bars are brill.

The gels are incredibly thick and odd but my word, do they work! Far more effective than the Go gels.
  • Barkiesnake
    Barkiesnake Posts: 244
    Trouble is they will only let you have one per address, so in order for me to get one for my son and myself i had to get one delivered to work. Now i have run out of addresses so cant get any more.
    I found the recovery bars were brilliant although the energy drinks tasted a little weak.
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • Trouble is they will only let you have one per address, so in order for me to get one for my son and myself i had to get one delivered to work. Now i have run out of addresses so cant get any more.
    I found the recovery bars were brilliant although the energy drinks tasted a little weak.

I've 2 mates at work who told me about the offer so we've been going round the other 50 staff who we work with coaxing them into getting them for us :D

Anyone want a water bottle I'll have a few spares soon :lol:
  • pantsani
    pantsani Posts: 114
    Not sure they are so strict on the one address thing , we've got a lot of cyclists at our place and had loads all delivered to the same work address
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Just ordered my second box so I'll have plenty of energy bars, 2 recovery bars and some energy drink for my biggest ride ever on 5th july.

And yea those gels do work, on the cheshire cat I was flying up hills and it made everyone looks like they where standing still on some of the bits, I flew up Mow Cop too, bloody awesome, maybe the High 5 energy drink did most of it though.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    The buggers won't send it to Hong Kong... :cry:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    pottssteve wrote:

I can get you one, and send it out to you. Just send me £250 to cover postage :wink:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • pottssteve wrote:

I can get you one, and send it out to you. Just send me £250 to cover postage :wink:

You bloody rip off merchant :evil:

I'll do it for £249.99 :wink:
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Those gels are like rocket fuel. I took 3 minutes off my best 3 laps of richmond park after having one. The drink is weak but it does have electrolites.psp22 does not have any. The bottle leaks so I now have shaky stuff over my bottom bracket.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I though the gel was quite nice - maybe I'm weird?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    The recovery drink is a bit nasty when mixed as they say on the packet, but mix it with choc milkshake and its alright.
    The apricot & peach bars are devine.
    The choc orange recovery bars are to die for.
    The energy drinks are a bit weak tasting but the best thing about Zipvit is that their world headquarters and factory shop is about a mile and a half from my house so i get an extra 10% off anything i buy.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Thanks Fungus The Muffin Man! Just ordered 1 to my home address, and one to my work address...

Is it a bit cheeky using the same card...? :lol:

Good find!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    A guy at work phoned them and got 30% a load of bars of by getting a few people together and buying bulk. If you don't ask.....
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • A guy at work phoned them and got 30% a load of bars of by getting a few people together and buying bulk. If you don't ask.....

Hmmmmm think i'll enquire about this. Thanks for the heads up :D
  • hotspur
    hotspur Posts: 92
    I really liked the Gel, thought I was on speed after having it as I whizzed up a hill I usually struggle a little on. Think I will buy them in bulk now.
    If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Follow Darts? Follow the Modus Darts team

http://www.modusdartsforum.com
  • Does or has anyone had any probs with the extra caffeine causing them to have poo poo problems? Last thing i need is to have go whoopsies in't saddle :oops:

My first box arrived today so wil try them out tomorrow :D
  • Well tried it today

The gel definately works. My legs were sore from yesterday prior to starting and I definately found some extra oompfff from somewhere even uphill. Though I had to knock back a big mouthful of water each time with it so I didn't gag :oops: I think the texture will get some getting used to and don't know if I could use it in the saddle :?
    The inflight drink was good just a nice bit of tang and didn't dry the mouh out like squash does.
    The recovery bar tasted ok actually. Its a bit chewy but I'd get some more .

The recovery choc drink whilst not the best tasting drink I've ever had I'll try it with some skimmed milk next time see if that makes a difference.

On the whole I might actually buy a few more bits and bobs from them or try some other brands first.

I'd have never have thought I'd be taking biking so seriously when I bought it a few weeks ago. I really look forward to getting the lycra on and getting out there (even in head winds) and pushing myself. Now i'm buying gels etc.... I think I'm hooked and the OH is worried I'm gonna spend all our cash on bikey stuff :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Then you need to come to NapoleonD's school of hidden slush-fund shennanigans where you will learn the following -

1 - The secret account and it's management
    2 - The smuggling of articles into the house
    3 - The suitable excuses when an item gets found and the devaluation of said item.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Just had a thought that might just work........

I found the gel so thick I had to chew it, but it tasted ok, if not a bit sickly towards the end. But I did feel reeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyy good after it.

So how about treating the zipvit gel like jam or marmalade and spreading it over a slice of bread? I't break up the sweet sickly taste a bit, and still contain the same ingredients that made me fly.

Would the bread slow down the digestion of the active ingredients though?