So how much do you reckon this bike's worth?

Cantdosleepy
Cantdosleepy Posts: 122
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
Hey all,

So I've still got the bike mentioned in this thread a while ago. My other housemat'es been using it for a while, but now it's time to sell it and give the money to the landlord (plus a fair chunk for the year of use, of curse).

Check out some pictures!

Flickr set of the Condor

How much do you think we ought to be asking on the Gumtree?

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    It doesn't look in great nick - the frame is pretty chipped, saddle's knackered etc. Veloce rear mech, carbon forks - I guess if it were brand new it'd be close to a grand? But in this state, I doubt you'd get more than £250 (ballpark wild guess).
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Looks fooked. Not much I'd say.
    Clean it, lube it and it might net you a few extra quid.
    Doesn't look very well looked after at the mo.

what size is it?
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Jaysus that bike is in a right state. Looks like only the frame and forks are worth anything. It's actually quite depressing to see what was once a nice bike get treated so badly.

You're not gonna recoup your £800, not even close.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I don't think he thought he would, though, jash. I'd suggest give it a good old clean and lube, make it look as nice as possible, and perhaps find a cheap saddle to put on it to make it look less tacky. If any of the parts are proper knackered then you have to consider whether replacing them to ensure a sellable whole bike is worthwhile.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    biondino wrote:
    I don't think he thought he would, though, jash. I'd suggest give it a good old clean and lube, make it look as nice as possible, and perhaps find a cheap saddle to put on it to make it look less tacky. If any of the parts are proper knackered then you have to consider whether replacing them to ensure a sellable whole bike is worthwhile.

yup, while parts may still be working or not can't tell under the grot....
  • I wouldn't sell it in that condition. Get it cleaned up, polish it (and if you're handy, fill in the stone chips ). Degrease and re-lube. Replace the saddle with a new one and do the same with the tyres. You should be able to do all of the above for about £30, you'd probably get about £350.
  • Cantdosleepy
    Cantdosleepy Posts: 122
    Thanks for all the advice guys. Yeah, we're not looking to get £800, Il Principe, just get what we can back for the landlord.