Heat Rub

Elushion
Elushion Posts: 115
A common practice going on before the start during some of the open races I have been to, there are a lot of people applying heat rub to there legs. Is this for some form of warming up?
"It was eleven more than necessary."

-Jacques Anquetil (after winning a race by twelve
seconds."

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    embrocation is useful for some of the early or late season races in cooler weather, and it is also useful as a barrier against the wet. Some of the brands contain a mild skin irritant so you can pretend that your muscles are actually getting warm, even though they aren't.

At this time of the year, the only thing you need to apply to your pins before a race is sun block....
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    No they're applying the HEAT rub to keep their legs cool.

I'm trying not to be sarcastic, but really the clue is in the name, HEAT rub. :wink:
  • Edwin
    Edwin Posts: 785
    No, it's to make their legs look all shiny, so they look more like the pros!
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    Top tip: do not EVER absent-mindedly apply heat rub when you intended to apply bum cream.

You know that Ozone range where all the products come in identical packaging... :oops:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Gavin speaks the truth - definitely keep it away from your gonads.....
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    softlad wrote:
    Gavin speaks the truth - definitely keep it away from your gonads.....

:oops: Been there... Make sure you apply it after going to the loo.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent