Kinesis customer service

keef66
keef66 Posts: 13,123
edited June 2009 in Road beginners
We spend a disproportionate amount of time complaining about bad customer service. Thought I'd give some praise where it's due.
Had my racelight Tk since September; last week I took off the chain for the first time, and had such a struggle with the chain tool that I let go of one end of the chain. The rear mech whipped the chain backwards against the seatstay and chipped a series of neat holes in the otherwise pristine paintwork.
Next day, more in hope than expectation, I emailed Kinesis/Upgrade, and within minutes had a reply from Dom saying he'd just taken delivery of my colour of touch-in paint, and he's put some in the post free of charge.

Now that's customer service!

Comments

• el_vino
    el_vino Posts: 64
    Out of intrest where did you buy the bike and what build did you go for. I'm thinking of selling my road bike and buying one. Worried it might be a bit heavy but looks great,
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Dom Mason is a top guy! Always fantastic customer service from Kinesis :wink:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Got it from Epic. Could only justify one bike so wanted it to be quite light and speedy, but also a do anything all year round machine which is why I went for the Tk. I was tempted by their fixed price builds, but in the end went for a custom job. I'd done so much research I pretty well knew what I wanted. 105 triple groupset, 12-25 cassette, RS10 wheelset / conti 4 seasons 25mm tyres, shimano long drop brakes, full sks mudguards, Deda carbon seatpost, m540 spd pedals. Epic were great, offering advice but never pushy, and the final price wasn't much more than one of their deals. Fitting session was extensive, test ride as long as I liked.

No recent experience of road bars / saddles so I went with their standard offerings. The Filante saddle has now been swapped for a cheaper but much comfier Charge Spoon, and I'm thinking of swapping the bars for something with a compact drop so I can spend more time on the drops in comfort. Other than that I'm delighted with the thing, and with Epic's service. I've ridden it all through the winter, and I'm now enjoying the unusually good summer weather, and apart from dialling out a bit of cable stretch it's all still functioning perfectly.

To put the purchase into perspective, I'm heading for 52, returning to road cycling after an absence of 25 years, and following knee surgery (hence the triple and the closely spaced cassette)

I'll weigh the thing tonight just out of curiosity.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Sounds like the ideal winter bike I reckon, and of course Epic Cycles - heard so many good things about them. Charge spoon saddle is OK for me, it's not a Fizik Aliante of course but there is a major price differerence between the two.

Enjoy! And don't forget to put some pictures up so we can all see?
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Good to hear your getting some quality service keef!
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Dom was really helpful when I was looking for a new set of forks. Very prompt responses to my endless stream of questions. Will be looking at Kinesis frames when my 20 year old winter bike finally gives up the ghost.