Marmotte -HELP needed URGENT

freshtrax
freshtrax Posts: 79
Does anyone have a spare Marmotte entry they're not going to use. We have travel and accommadation booked but have one out of four riders not registrered :oops: . We be very grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks

Dave
"It\'s about the bike"

Comments

• I'll ask around the people I know in Grenoble.

Cheers, Russell
    www.grenoblecycling.com
  • kosta
    kosta Posts: 50
    freshtrax wrote:
    Does anyone have a spare Marmotte entry they're not going to use. We have travel and accommadation booked but have one out of four riders not registrered :oops: . We be very grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks

Dave

same problem here , please pm me if entry available

kosta
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I always thought you could rock up and register on the Friday... Not the case anymore?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • bikeav8or
    bikeav8or Posts: 77
    no 7000 places max now

I need a place too
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    freshtrax, I have one.

A broken hip means I'm not able to go.
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    Ditto here, need an entry.
  • I also need one if there's anyone got a spare... 3 out of the 4 of us going managed to get them, and I missed out -thought we could rock up on the day :shock:
  • I always thought you could rock up and register on the Friday... Not the case anymore?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12631853

No, sadly not. Here's the details off the Sportcommunication website.

Russell
    www.grenoblecycling.com
  • bikeav8or
    bikeav8or Posts: 77
    Howsabout a bikeradar marmotte on the Friday?

DIY?
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 227
    I have one.

PM Me if you want it.
  • freshtrax
    Uncle fred and Guinea, I have pm'd you both. I haven't pm anyone before they seem to be sitting in an outbox rather than the sent box. Do I need to do anything else to send them?
    "It\'s about the bike"
  • Muzak
    Muzak Posts: 78
    I have one, PM me with your contact details.
  • wedgea
    wedgea Posts: 3
    :oops:
    I have posted a few times without success
    Please infomr us when entry gone and anyone got my pm? I did this to everyone saying they have an entry
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 227
    Mine Entry has gone, but my friend has one. I've Pm'd you.
  • dunclp
    dunclp Posts: 2
    Has anyone got a spare marmotte entry?
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    I know of at least 3 who have pulled out, if you pm me your email addresses I will pass it on
  • dunclp
    dunclp Posts: 2
    Does anyone know where I stand in terms of liability if I use someone else's entry? Is it possible to do a transfer in this kind of situation? Couldn't find anything on their website about this.
  • freshtrax
    Thanks to everyone that offered places, we now have the entries we need. I have spoken to Sport Communication and emailed them with the changes to the entries. They assured me verbally that there is no problem transferring entires, but they don't seem to make any effort to update the details on the website. I suspect the changes will be made at registration the day before.
    "It\'s about the bike"
  • miingram
    miingram Posts: 5
    Same problem here - anyone?
  • badnbald
    badnbald Posts: 1
    I have an entry as I'm not able to go and might have access to another. Email me at svall45193@aol.com if interested.
  • Can't make the Marmotte, so there should be a spare place if anyone's interested.
  • miingram
    miingram Posts: 5
    hi jollyjumbo
    I pmed you last night but the message is just sitting in the outbox and won't go. I am Mike's wife- he is in France now and as of last night still with no place. I am out all day at Chessington World of adventures and unable to come back to the forum to relay any message here. If you still have your place spare please would you ring Mike - he is on 07944 007419 or email me at listedbuildings@hotmail.co.uk - I have a blackberry that gets emails.

Cheers!

dale (mrs I)
  • wedgea
    wedgea Posts: 3
    Did everyone succeed in getting entry?
  • freshtrax
    Thanks to a Andy and Mark for their entries, both the riders completed the course, one in 9.41 and the other in 10.36.

A word of advise for anyone in the same position next year, firstly when you speak to someone at sport communication who tells you it's no problem transferring the entry to someone else, don't believe them. It's no problem riding the race as the person who's place your taking, but at registraton they refuse to change the riders details. Apparantly it's for insurance reasons, so fine to pretend to be someone else but no to register as who you really are. Also another one of our group rode the whole event with no entry at all with no problems.

Two of us rode the Grimppe on Sunday morning which was suprisingly enjoyable. Only about 150 entries and a mass start at the bottom.
    "It\'s about the bike"