Any good Trails/routes within 40 mile radius of Beadnell?

Cajun_Moon
Cajun_Moon Posts: 4
edited June 2009 in Routes
I'm on Holiday in Beadnell Northumberland in a few weeks and really wanted to get a ride in whilst away, wondered if anyone had any decent routes within say a 30-40 mile radius. I've heard a bit about Rothbury but can only seem to find info on a Downhill track.

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    You could always go to Kielder...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Cheers for that. I've heard about Kielder before and it looks great but the route there seems like it could take forever on B roads, trouble is I've only got a week away and going with the wife and and bin lids so can't be going too far. Having said that I'm looking longingly at Glentress which gets nearer everytime I look at the map :)
  • There are loads of routes in the cheviots, starting from either Alwinton, Ingram or Wooler.Try and get hold of a copy of "mountain bike guide northumberland" by Derek Purdy, this has loads of routes in it (including some on the coast which use trails and country roads). Also good riding at simonside hills and thrunton woods near Rothbury.
  • Thanks for the recommendation I managed to get hold of a copy and its absolutely jammed with rides - brilliant can't wait to see what Northumberland has to offer now. Might even get 2 in if I'm lucky but think I'll give that Bewick Moor (ride 11 in the guide) a shot.