Bikely not loading

Georgeb
Georgeb Posts: 315
Not sure if this is the right section but hey....anyway. When I try to loads my maps on bikely it ust come up and says "you need javascript enabled to view this map, loading map" but it never seems to load. Any ideas why?

p.s I have tried enabling javascript :lol:

Comments

• on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Bikely's been having trouble in recent weeks.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    That's a new one - I'll forward that to the developers.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • geocycle
    geocycle Posts: 202
    Any progress on this? I've not got a Bikely route to open for a good few weeks. It gets the page open but the map just sits there saying loading map??? I'm using IE7 on XP and should have all the relevant add ons installed.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Anyone shed any light on whether the Bikely site is having problems? I've used the site before but can't seem to get to any Surrey Hills rides at the moment. It just seems to hang when you hit the search button.

Thanks
  • sampras38
    Update...

I can get on now..

;-)
  • I can't.

Nothing loading at all now, not hte home page or anything.
    http://www.KOWONO.com - Design-Led home furniture and accessories.
  • Grrrr, i gave it one final go after i posted, and now it's working!
    http://www.KOWONO.com - Design-Led home furniture and accessories.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    You need to keep trying - it's on a queuing system.

Fixing it is high on our list of priorities once the Cyclingnews relaunch is out of the way.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • sampras38
    There was a short period yesterday where I managed to get on but absolutely no joy today, even after constant trying. If you can get on it won't let you search for routes as it just hangs and then says page not available at this time.

Very frustrating... :cry:
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    I can load it, but the drawing is a heap of garbage. I'm trying to draw a route starting in Uxbridge, Middlesex - but the site pins the start to somewhere near Worcester Park in Surrey :roll:
  • sampras38
    I can load it, but the drawing is a heap of garbage. I'm trying to draw a route starting in Uxbridge, Middlesex - but the site pins the start to somewhere near Worcester Park in Surrey :roll:

I only use the site to download existing routes, and tend to plot on BikeRouteToaster.
  • alexz
    alexz Posts: 13
    sampras38 wrote:

I only use the site to download existing routes, and tend to plot on BikeRouteToaster.

What I like about bikely, when it works, is the cue sheets, sharing maps with friends by giving them a link, and the comments section on routes. You can even post html in the comments to add pictures of the route. I like being able to click the forward and backwards buttons so see how the route progresses, and reading the cue sheet somment when it hits certain points. People can comment on how to bike around a busy intersection or obstacle.

Please keep bikely alive.
    Thanks.