A nice surprise when I got home.....

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
A large but light box had been delivered. In it was one of these:

CYP212.bags.revstoexp_prev-399-75.jpg
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/accessories/luggage/backpack/cycling-backpacks/product/stow-sport-32103

I'd won the prize draw from last weeks bike week day in Leeds!

Particularly pleasing as I'd been mulling over getting a rucksack specifically for cycling and this seems to be a good one and about the right size. Just need to get a bladder for it.

And I survived a trip to the dentist - it's been a good day :D
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Tremendous. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Excellent!

When I won my Rapha top on Bikeradar it was the second prize. The dude got in touch with me to tell me - I was thrilled and said I was happy to have not quite won! He took it as sarcasm and sent me back a really sarcastic reply - "oh, well, sorry you didn't quite win, how awful for you" or something! I was shocked.
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Poor Biondino!

Nice rucksack though - the earlier one's Ed Bikes did had overly padded waist straps, but I've had a good play with that one in the shop and it's nice and comfy. 8)
  • Capo
    Capo Posts: 439
    Yay! Prizes are good!

Was checking out of hotel in New York City last year when my phone went - London number so I thought I'd better answer. It was Time Out ringing to say I'd won letter of the week and could they have an address to send the Champagne and free books to. Cheered me up at the end of the holiday!
    Can\'t drive, won\'t drive
  • Rolf F wrote:
    A large but light box had been delivered. In it was one of these:

CYP212.bags.revstoexp_prev-399-75.jpg
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/accessories/luggage/backpack/cycling-backpacks/product/stow-sport-32103

I'd won the prize draw from last weeks bike week day in Leeds!

Particularly pleasing as I'd been mulling over getting a rucksack specifically for cycling and this seems to be a good one and about the right size. Just need to get a bladder for it.

And I survived a trip to the dentist - it's been a good day :D

If you struggle to find a new bladder for it I can get you a catheter and urine collection bag from work :wink:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Capo
    Capo Posts: 439

If you struggle to find a new bladder for it I can get you a catheter and urine collection bag from work :wink:

Heh! Talk about taking the proverbial :wink:
    Can\'t drive, won\'t drive
  • :D
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

What a thoroughly kind and generous thought! I may have to take you up on that (new or used?). People are so nice and helpful here :D

Right, off to get my new bike 8)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    i won a jersey the other day over at road.cc
    i'm well chuffed and it makes up for the fact the good lady wife popped my sealskins in the dryer the other week....wrecks them big time.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I was taking my money out of various poker sites last night and I noticed I had enough player points at Full Tilt to buy something from their shop. I chose a full tilt branded Camelbak-esque hydration backpack :)

fulltilt-hydrationpack.gif