Cliff Pratt Cycles

hammerite
hammerite Posts: 3,408
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
After seeing someone post about their good experience dealing with Merlin Cycles, I'd just like to give a thumbs up for Cliff Pratt Cycles.

Ordered a jersey online, a day later decided I wanted something else, called up to add it to my order. But it had already been despatched, so I just asked for the other item to be ordered and delivered.

It was no hassle for the person on the other end of the phone, they were polite, cheerful and helpful. I suppose we should expect this type of service, but we often don't!!

Comments

• mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    Yeah, is the one just down springbank? apparently called cyclelife now? Quite a good shop, when my dad bought a bike from there not too long ago, they had set the brakes up poorly, probably just an apprentice doing it and not knowing. but nothing to easily adjust at home.

Im quite a fan of freetown sports for clothing just off freetown way, they stock a fair bit of gore stuff that i like. there was some copper grease on some shorts so took them to the counter just to point it out as a model citizen, the guy there and then just said 35 quid itll come off in the wash! got out the shop licked my finger rubbed it and it came straight off. Just they have a poor range of road bikes, scott and cannondale not much for the sub 1500 value for money buyer like myself. either way there are a fair few good cycle shops in hull, if in deed im not confused for another cliff pratt.
    I'd swear by minster cycles in beverley though, guy did me some Spec, BG elite shoes 80 quid and pedals 50quid for 100 quid!
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • coot
    coot Posts: 58
    Another thumbs up for Cliff Pratt's here.

Bought a Felt TT bike from them a few months ago - good price and great service, cant say fairer than that,

Pete
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    its my local shop, fella's in there seem spot on. don't wanna get him in trouble but there's one guy there who last week told me to look online for the specific helmet i was after cos theyre always on offer and he couldnt give me his offer price on a special order.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Never been into the shop as I live nowhere near Hul, bought online and the service was great. The range of bikes on the website seemed good enough to me, I quite liked having a look at the Raleighs myself.
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    I used to shop in there in the sixties/early seventies when I was a schoolboy and junior racer. Good to here that they are still going.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • Big Ted
    Big Ted Posts: 330
    I used to shop in there in the sixties/early seventies when I was a schoolboy and junior racer. Good to here that they are still going.

bought my first real racer from there a raleigh equipe - the upgraded one with alloy wheels :lol:

then i got a raleigh road ace select a few years later from prattys - 531 with shimano 600 ultegra - cornered like it was on rails

top shop, ian (who is the md now) has been there since i was a kid. all great guys.

cant believe how many others on the forum from this neck of the woods!!

perhaps we should start the hull and eastriding district branch of bike radar :lol::lol:

whewn i was a kid thgey had a raleigh centenary in there - i always wanted that bike - i achieved a lifetime ambiion last year when i bought one 20 years later....
    Big Ted Rides Hard...
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    Not in ERY now, I live in Aberdeen. However, I was born in Hull and grew up in Driffield. Still have family down there but have not been to Hull for years. Probably wouldn't recognise it now.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks