New Specialized S-Works Project - New Bits 10.7.09

Zaskar20
Zaskar20 Posts: 557
edited July 2009 in Your mountain bikes
S-Works Enduro SL Carbon Frame size medium.
Arrived about a week ago - haven't had time to post pics until today.
Bargain from Certini, Plymouth (good service-took one and a half days to arrive by post after ordering by phone).

I was going to get a SantaCruz Heckler frame but this was around 500 notes cheaper!!!!!!!

3621793527_c9f656bbb1.jpg
3621797997_5d10a9d840.jpg
3622617240_5c350e4114.jpg
3621797233_13a6293c51.jpg
3621796319_575e9b2927.jpg

I'll start buillding soon. It came with a Thomson Elite seatpost (with layback) and XTR front mech. I've also purchased XTR Rear Mech and Shifters.

I am going to weigh each component before adding - as yet I haven't weighed the frame.

I am hoping to get a Race Face Next SL Carbon chainset soon.

Fork, Wheels and Brakes to come from this;

3494125451_7436ed2fc3.jpg

This should build into my ultimate dream MTB!

Comments

• militiacore
    militiacore Posts: 101
    What wheelset is that?
    Chas Roberts - DOGSBOLX
  • militiacore
    militiacore Posts: 101
    Cheers, same as on the Meta 5.5.2.

How do you find the weight of them?
    Chas Roberts - DOGSBOLX
  • Zaskar20
    Cheers, same as on the Meta 5.5.2.

How do you find the weight of them?

Seem great. Went for a 2.5 hour ride on the pitch this morning in the Forest of Dean - they roll brilliantly. This is also helped by the tires and latex tubes.
    Haven't weighed the wheels as yet. I will do so before they go on the Enduro. Feel quite light though.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    wot u doin with the pitch???
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Thats gonna be one awsome build once complete .. 8)
  • Zaskar20
    lawman wrote:
    wot u doin with the pitch???

Pitch will revert back to Its standard spec. As it's a cycle to work bike it's technically owned by my employer for another 8 or so months.
    I will use it to commute to work and use the Enduro for my weekend rides. :D
  • Zaskar20
    Thats gonna be one awsome build once complete .. 8)

I hope so. I hope the ride will be something special too - I've never had a ride on carbon!
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    The bike is looking awesome. Make sure you find out the weight of that frame.
    Did you sell the E150 fork?
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    I will use it to commute to work and use the Enduro for my weekend rides. :D
    Exactly what I do, except I use my FSR XC to ride to work and Enduro SL for weekends :)
  • Zaskar20
    SDK2007 wrote:
    The bike is looking awesome. Make sure you find out the weight of that frame.
    Did you sell the E150 fork?

Thanks.

No, I got the frame without the forks - couldn't afford it. I'm gonna put the Fox Float 140RLC that I got for the Pitch on this frame.

I'm considering putting the Fox RP23 on this frame too. It's been awesome on the Pitch and has pro pedal - although the Spesh shock has a "brain".
  • Zaskar20
    Just an update from specializedland!

From this;

3494125451_7436ed2fc3_m.jpg

and this;

3621793527_c9f656bbb1_m.jpg

to this...........;

3657042344_4ac60208e7.jpg

The Specialized Pitch Comp now almost back to its original spec. It is now my hack bike - to be used for commuting and loaning to mates/family who want to take on the local trails with me. :)

and this........;

3657043324_b8f8fc2c5c.jpg

My ongoing project. :D

Now weighing in at 22lbs exactly............................without rear mech, chainset, chain, shifters, grips and saddle.

I hope to keep it as lightweight as possible. Raceface Next SL or XTR chainset and maybe carbon bars and stem. I have no idea what the end weight will be. Looking forward to completing and getting out on it. The other bits will be on sooner rather than later..........I hope!
  • chorscroft
    chorscroft Posts: 254
    That's gonna be one awesome bike :wink:

My next bike will hopefully be a lightweight full susser.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Tune cranks, lovely bits of kit....
  • KernowCB
    KernowCB Posts: 174
    sweet! :D
    Whyte 905
  • Zaskar20
    New bits arrived from CRC. :D

3708489380_c17480315f.jpg

3707678867_07e69860a3.jpg

3708488538_5a493c03b8.jpg

RaceFace Next XL chainset with carbon cranks
    Nukeproof Magnesium/titanium pedals
    XTR cassette
    San Marco Aspide carbon/titanox saddle
    KMC X9 SL silver chain
    Hope disc brake Ti bolt set X2
    Goodridge gear cable - carbon

Also not pictured - Sunline V1 Carbon riser bars and Hope DH stem (black)

This is complete bike purchased now - just gotta put together. :D
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Have you got the 711mm V1? - Tis a graet feeling bar, no doubt ht e carbon V1 will feel superior to my alu V2.... :lol: - Still a nive width. :)

What is a goodridge carbon gear cable - a carbon cable? :?

What length is the Hope DH Stem?

Some nice parts you are assemblng there. :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Zaskar20
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Have you got the 711mm V1? - Tis a graet feeling bar, no doubt ht e carbon V1 will feel superior to my alu V2.... :lol: - Still a nive width. :)

What is a goodridge carbon gear cable - a carbon cable? :?

What length is the Hope DH Stem?

Some nice parts you are assemblng there. :D

Bar width 685mm - with Yeti lock ons & plugs a whisker short of 700mm

Goodridge gear cable with carbon finish (colour - not made of) as opposed to the other colours of white or silver.

50mm stem, 25deg rise

Picture doesn't do the cranks justice as they look the dog's bollx. Pedals are realy neat too - virtually the same width as the spindle, but with a slightly larger platform area than DMRs.
  • lawman
    i think i prefer the pimped pitch tbh. it looks great with the blue frame and white kit.

would u sell it???
  • Zaskar20
    lawman wrote:
    i think i prefer the pimped pitch tbh. it looks great with the blue frame and white kit.

would u sell it???

You mean it did look great! Wheels, brakes and forks being used for new build which should be in a different league in terms of ride. Not really bothered with looks tbh - anyhow beauty is in the eye of the beholder :wink:

PIitch is still a fabulous ride in standard guise though. I have to say I was really surprised how it handled when I put the original F+R shock back on - much better than i'd imagined.

Sorry i'm not selling as I am still using it, with no plans to sell in the future. Plenty of Pitches go on the classified forum though - get one and pimp up yourself - It's great fun. :D
  • lawman
    bugger :( but fair dos for keeping it. it is a great bike.i vastly prefer the look of the comp to the pro, the blue is magnificent compared to the pro's turd colour :lol:
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Any photos of the completed Enduro SL yet?
    What have you got the weight down to?

Mine weighs approx 27.2lbs
  • Zaskar20
    edited July 2009
    SDK2007 wrote:
    Any photos of the completed Enduro SL yet?
    What have you got the weight down to?

Mine weighs approx 27.2lbs

The bike is as you see in the last photo of it in the thread, although I have fitted the hope stem and carbon bars - so should be approx 1/2 lb lighter than the 22lbs quoted. I will fit all the bits in the next couple of weeks - hopefully.
    Manufacturers weights are;
    chainset and pedals 1kg - 2.2lbs
    shifters, rear mech, cassette, chain, saddle and cable outers 1.2kg - 2.7lbs
    Brings the total to 26.4lbs
    I know it probably doesn't work quite like this and could well work out heavier, so if i can get around your figure I will be pleased :D

EDIT: Weight of 22lb was taken with XT cassette. I have also added XTR cassette above.
    If the XT is taken from the end weight, technically the bike may come in at under 26lbs! :D
  • Zaskar20
    lawman wrote:
    bugger :( but fair dos for keeping it. it is a great bike.i vastly prefer the look of the comp to the pro, the blue is magnificent compared to the pro's junk colour :lol:
    I totally agree - except for the anodized red suspension rocker!!!!!!! :shock:
    God only knows why Spesh come up with that combination.
  • lawman
    yer it would look so much better white
  • cleggy efc
    cleggy efc Posts: 33
    nice.......... :idea:
    jamie