heart monitor/watch

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
Hello.

I am looking for a new watch as my old one broken (G shock, very good watch waterproff, and shock)

I considering getting a heart rate monitor watch with hopefully a pedometer.

I need one for running, ie keeping distance accuratly, and also a accurate heart monitor, to work out if i pushing myself hard enough during running/exercise.

my questions are:

Is it possible to get heart monitor +pedometer?
What sort of price i looking at for a watch with this?

lastly, is it possible to get a heart/pedometer watch which has features like my old G shock ie water proff(thus can swim with it) and possible shock proven?

any further help advise be good.

"i need 90% heart rate"... :D
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• Zeroman_IR
    Zeroman_IR Posts: 290
    The Garmin Forerunner 50 can be bought with an optional footpod, which is essentially a pedometer. It records your workout when training too so you can download it to your PC. Not sure about the other specs. Have one myself but too lazy to look for it now :lol: Does everything I need at a reasonable price though.
  • DunbarKev
    DunbarKev Posts: 29
    The Polar S625X (older model) and RS800S are both stunning watches with foot pods & HRM. I use the RS800S for marathon running & for biking with the additional accessories. The Polar software is great & it is all round a great product. A bit pricey but money well spent.
  • hanneyp
    hanneyp Posts: 14
    At the pricey end of the market, Suunto do HRMs with optional footpod, cadence pod, bike or GPS pod (for speed/distance) and/or a "memory belt" which you can wear swimming and upload to the watch once you're out of the water.

It's pretty shockproof and water proof/resistant to the usual 100m. It also comes with a USB cable and software so you can download your rides to the computer, track your training progress and graph any of the stats against each other (speed, distance, altitude, energy consumption etc etc).

I love mine, but it's probably overkill unless you want to really geekout with the PC stuff :)

Pete
    Diamondback Vectra Pro (2003)