Got any questions for Denis Menchov?

Philip S
Philip S Posts: 398
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Just spotted this on the BBC website - they're invting punters to suggest some questions that will then be put to Menchov in an interview by the BBC's Russian service.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A53306101

No one's mentioned Vienna yet...

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's not the questions, it's the answers. When asked, he typically replies with an "I don't know" or "the race will decide things". For example during the Giro he was asked when he started cycling, he replied in Spanish with "I don't know". Or whether he could withstand more attacks from Di Luca it was "I don't know, the race will decide".
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Philip S wrote:
    Just spotted this on the BBC website - they're invting punters to suggest some questions that will then be put to Menchov in an interview by the BBC's Russian service.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A53306101

No one's mentioned Vienna yet...

Click on "all comments" and read it again.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    "Why can't you grimace and react like you did after winning the Giro more often?"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    phil s wrote:
    Click on "all comments" and read it again.

Ah, nice one Phil. I'll admit I hadn't read it in detail - just did a quick scan for "Vienna". You got under the radar screen with "Humanplasma" and "Austria".
  • diarmuid
    diarmuid Posts: 73
    Kléber wrote:
    It's not the questions, it's the answers. When asked, he typically replies with an "I don't know" or "the race will decide things". For example during the Giro he was asked when he started cycling, he replied in Spanish with "I don't know". Or whether he could withstand more attacks from Di Luca it was "I don't know, the race will decide".
    Yes! That would be an ecumenical matter!
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    You said during your recent Giro campaign that you wanted to concentrate on racing and not answer questions about developments being reported from Austria. Now that the Giro is over, what do you have to say about the Humanplasma affair? Why do you think your name was linked to it? Do you think the current punishments are enough to deter those who cheat the rules - if not what is your solution as a top competitor?

love it! Was that you Aurelio?
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    How about ...

"Do you, or anyone actually give a rat's ass about what people talk about on cycling forums ? "
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Outside of the obvious question - I'd like to know how he has perfected his skill of falling off his bike at critical points in races. He does it with such panache and quite a bit of a wallop.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    On the "I don't know" bit, I've taught in other ex-Warsaw Pact countries, and I've noticed that when you ask them a question they answer "I don't know" as a knee jerk reaction - even if they do know the answer.