How do you display heart rate on Edge 705??

drumsmasher
drumsmasher Posts: 241
I have just bought a Garmin Edge 705 with the HRM strap and although it bleeps to say it has detected it when i wear it, i cant find how to get it to display my heart rate! On the box it appears to have the heart rate displayed on the main screen as you ride , but i dont seem to be able to get anything. Any info would be great if anyone can help! Thanks!
Another tree...another cracked rib!!

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    You'll need to change the data fields in either of the two data display pages. Assuming you didn't get a manual with it, you can download one from the Garmin site.
  • drumsmasher
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried but heart rate does not come up as an option on the data fields! Is it me or is something not happenening that should happen?
  • drumsmasher
    CRACKED IT!!!! Thanks for the input....i didnt realise you can press the enter button and actually change what data fields you see. Cheers to those who responded.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    i was gonna say, you can show whatever you want in upto 8 data fields! :)

well 16 actually as there's another page.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Well actually it can be up to 24 data fields ;)
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    how?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • jacksomd
    jacksomd Posts: 49
    Presumably utilising the data fields on the "Course" page - and riding a course, of course!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    freehub wrote:
    Well actually it can be up to 24 data fields ;)
    Finally got around to checking this out:
    Bike Computer 1 = 8 fields max
    Bike Computer 2 = 8 fields max
    Map = 4 fields max
    Workouts = 4 fields max
    Courses = 4 fields max

So if you are riding a course or doing a workout, by toggling between the various screens you can indeed have up to 24 different data displays available. Just be careful you don't fall down a pothole while you ride along faffing with the unit! :wink: