Are YOU going in to the RED on hills?

Team Banana can help.

In this week's BikeRadar article, Team Banana reveal a new technology to be used at this year's TDF on the punishing climbs.

Secrecy surrounds the mysterious device although one image has been leaked to the press this morning.

teambananauphill.jpg

Team Banana expect to have the device on sale by January.

More tech news to come soon.

Comments

• reppohkcor
    reppohkcor Posts: 111
    carbon option available?
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Is that Team Banana in the pic? :lol:

I forgot all about "carrot on a stick" technology. It's been in operation with camels/mules for centuries now and works quite well.

Not too sure about aerodynamics though.
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Team banana appear to be all black... they won't win anything.
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    I know that sounds racist, but it's irony and that.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    What happens if at the top of the hill there is a plateau, does it still work?
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    the idea is flawed. the greater the incline, the more chance there is of the rider being able to reach said banana....
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    So if the incline was like 60% they'd have a better chance?
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    of reaching the banana, yes...
  • I must admit to being on the skeptical side of the banana split. I was working on the theory that the banana plant is in fact a herb and the proponents of it's health giving properties had been smoking it rather than eating it. However I have been forced to revise my opinion.

Cavendish banana
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cavendish is the name for the banana cultivar used most commonly in the world banana trade.[citation needed] One of many banana cultivars originating in Vietnam[1] and China,[citation needed] it became the primary replacement for the Gros Michel banana in the 1950s. Cavendish's descendant, the Dwarf Cavendish Banana, is often grown as a houseplant.[citation needed]

Cavendish bananas range from approximately 15–25 cm in length, and are used in baking, fruit salads, fruit compotes, and to complement foods. The outer skin is partially green when sold in food markets and turns yellow when it ripens. When over-ripe, the skin will turn black and the flesh becomes mushy. Bananas ripen naturally and are at their peak ripeness when the peel is all yellow with a few dark brown specks beginning to appear.

2BananaSplits460.jpg

Mark-Cavendish-001.jpg

Too much of a coincidence?
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    cav.jpgbingo.jpg

seperated at birth?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    SunWuKong wrote:
    What happens if at the top of the hill there is a plateau, does it still work?
    No......best to substitute the bananas for a gateaux on a plateau
  • freehub
    I'd rather have a watermelon than a banana.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Have you tried getting a watermelon in your back pocket?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    bompington wrote:
    Have you tried getting a watermelon in your back pocket?

Yeah. Just peel it first!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    The design is seriously flawed. One banana isn't enough and manual loading of the device will doubtless cause you to slow down. If you're averaging over 18mph in a hilly area, EVERYONE knows that you need to eat about 55 bananas a week, so one is just not enough. Now if we could have this belt fed, like a gatling gun, then that might be of use. :wink:
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    a_n_t wrote:
    cav.jpgbingo.jpg

seperated at birth?

Has anyone seem them in the same in the same place at the same time?
  • freehub
    I went into the blue on the hills today, forget about red, I went to blue.

The only thing that rescues me is a nice sickly mars bar!