Knee problems again (except I know the problem)

freehub
freehub Posts: 4,257
I got the results back from the MRI scan.

Cruciate, collateral ligaments all appear normal, so does my menisci, no evidence of cartilage tears.

What they found is a small patch of wear on the articular cartilage which explains the discomfort experienced after heavy exercise.

How could this patch of wear have developed?
What does it mean for me? No evidence of them telling me you need to stop cycling, the pain does seem to have eased over the last couple of weeks.

I'm still hoping I can do the this ron kit at the weekend, that's going to be about 117 miles.

Comments

• Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Articular cartilage wear on the back of the kneecap, top of the tibia or bottom of the Femur, Will ??? - if its wear on the back of the kneecap, have a read-up on Chondramalacia -

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ei ... ia&spell=1

Its good that your Meniscii and ligaments are in tact though (I suffered a Meniscus tear recently - wrecked my season - still can do a bit, but with softly, softly approach)
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    It says a small patch of wear on the back of the knee cap, thats all. Could it at all be related to a leg break? It was in 2000 but still, I broke both the tib and fib, they had to pull my leg to get the bones seated back.

Sounds like I have most of the symptoms.

When I sit with my legs bent for a long period of time, I remember it being worst at the cinema, I got pain and had to try stretch my leg out.

Walking up the stairs can be bad after exercise, I don't as such get a grinding or grating feeling, just clicks, and if I am layed down in a certain position and bend my leg upwards I get a great massive click. It does seem to have eased down though since I started taking more recovery.