Diet pills-illegal? Ethical

mattybeck
mattybeck Posts: 135
Anyone know if pills like xenical or alli are prohibited by IOC etc? If not should they be?

Comments

• johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    Don't know that they are banned - but why should they be? they don't enhance performance, just help you lose some weight
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    You'll need to check the ingredients. Diet pills can get you a ban. Just ask Marta Bastianelli
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • I don't know about those specific pills but diet pills can contain substances that mask the use of other agents such as steroids and such masking agents are on the prohibited substances list.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The side effects of these pills are unpleasant. Anal leakage is the word, you can read more in horror or in amusement here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19587389/
    Fellow cheaters advise each other on the best clean-up methods, and some even suggest using panty liners or Depends. One frugal user noted, “I’m thinking that infant diapers might be a cheaper way to go, just use them as a large pad.”

The gross side effects might scare away the less-committed, but some experts appreciate Alli’s very real, very immediate consequences of cheating on your diet. “It forces you to eat a lower-fat diet — if you don’t, you’re violently penalized for not doing so,”
    If you're an active cyclist there are better ways to lose your weight, if you can shed the pounds by cycling and eating well then perhaps there are mental issues to address?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kléber wrote:
    The side effects of these pills are unpleasant. Anal leakage is the word, you can read more in horror or in amusement here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19587389/
    Fellow cheaters advise each other on the best clean-up methods, and some even suggest using panty liners or Depends. One frugal user noted, “I’m thinking that infant diapers might be a cheaper way to go, just use them as a large pad.”

The gross side effects might scare away the less-committed, but some experts appreciate Alli’s very real, very immediate consequences of cheating on your diet. “It forces you to eat a lower-fat diet — if you don’t, you’re violently penalized for not doing so,”
    If you're an active cyclist there are better ways to lose your weight, if you can shed the pounds by cycling and eating well then perhaps there are mental issues to address?

Had a few guffaws round the office reading out some of those quotes.
  • johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    Just to clarify - Alli/Xenical contain orlistat which, as sort of pointed out above, simply stops you absorbing fat from your diet - that's how you lose weight. But obviously that fat has to go somewhere - straight through in fact, causing the problems mentioned. There's no question of masking or anything else
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    The chap I sit next to in the office has just started weight training. After too many years on the ale he decided to make the change, but with a "helping hand".

We visited a bodybuilding supplies place in Trafford Park, Manchester. The very helpful young man behind the counter gave his help and suggested my friend should try a certain type of pill, the main ingredient being Ephendrine. The advice was "not to take one after 6pm".

On return to the office one of the tablets was consumed immediately, within 25 minutes he was dancing.............

I'd stay away from any of that sh1te, eat more Protein, less carbs after 3pm and ride a few miles more.......