Time vs Shimano

Fanis
Fanis Posts: 101
edited June 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi
After upgrading my HT i would like to buy new pedals to replace my old shimano 324.i am between time atac xs and shimano xt.which do you think is the most durable and reliable??i need them for XC use.

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    They are both reliable pedals.
    Times have more side to side float when your clipped in which can be a very good thing if your like me and have dodgy knees.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    I love my Times, got the Z Controls and they're just a quality product, especially the bearings which give you a really solid platform. And I like the extra float you get while still feeling securely clipped in.
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    +1 for times have mine in almost daily use for 18 months with minimal maintainence
  • Fanis
    Fanis Posts: 101
    stubs wrote:
    if your like me and have dodgy knees.

i had injured both my knees ACL
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Another vote for time from me - used them for years
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    Time all the way for me.

I've been using them for >10 years and have experimented with CB, Look and Shimano in that time, mostly because Times are a bit on the lardy side but I always come back to them
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Time all the way for me.

I've been using them for >10 years and have experimented with CB, Look and Shimano in that time, mostly because Times are a bit on the lardy side but I always come back to them

Time pedals are like cockroaches however hard you hit them they keep on running
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap