Peeing problems!!

Spikedhope
Spikedhope Posts: 144
edited June 2009 in Amateur race
I've recently finished the Vatternrundan in Sweden, a 300km (186.41miles) sportive type ride. All went well, however after about 100km.....I felt the need to pee......nothing odd in that. But, I needed to pee every 40km or so. I use a camelback and I have a bottle on the frame, if anything I was dehydrated as I didn't refill them. (plus is was only about 6c degrees, windy and raining)
So, my question is: Why am I peeing so much? What am I doing / not doing??

Comments

• edeverett
    edeverett Posts: 224
    I suspect that's a question for a doctor not a forum.
  • I'm no doctor. However in cold weather you will not be losing much fluid through sweat and you will pee a lot more with the same fluid intake. You probably weren't as dehydrated as you thought.
  • Spikedhope
    Spikedhope Posts: 144
    Well, I've yet to meet a doctor (GP) who knows a dam sh-one-t about sport related issues.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Spikedhope wrote:
    Well, I've yet to meet a doctor (GP) who knows a dam sh-one-t about sport related issues.

I guess I'm lucky in that respect, one of the GP's at my local practice has done triathlon's and ironman competitions. Anything related to my running/cycling I ask to see him specifically and at my last visit we ended up having a brief chat about Ti frames. You are right though that overall the health service is very unsympathetic over sporting injuries.