GO Electrolyte mixture ratio

teulk
teulk Posts: 557
What is the minimum i can get away without really compromising the products effects. It says add 40g (8%) of powder to 500ml of water, i find this a bit too sweet / sickly and the first few drinks of it make me want to throw up. I know i could just add less but how much less ? I have also seen that 30g (6%) can be added to 500ml of water. The problem i have is i bought the powder for a ride on saturday and the last thing i want to do is use it all up trying to get a mixture that is good for me before the ride even starts.
Boardman Team 09 HT
Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
Specialized Secteur Elite 2011

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Isotonic drinks are usually between 4% and 8% dissolved solids to be effective.
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    hi teulk, the thing is, the only way you are going to find your perfect mix ratio is to experiment, if you really don't want to do this (can understand why not as you've bought it for a specific ride) looking on my bottle the min marking is 6%. if i were you i'd mix to this and see how you get on.
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • teulk
    Cheers for tha replies - i think 6% it will be - well for now anyway :D
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • I use 50g in a 750ml bottle. 4-8% is optimal in a controlled environment but if you drink water or eat a bar before or during exercise your stomach contents won't be the same as the drink.
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yeah, if taking no food out it is best to make them a bit stronger, and weaker if say having bananas and stuff.
  • teulk
    In the end i actually settled for 50g per 500ml and it was ok, it worked out great.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    teulk wrote:
    In the end i actually settled for 50g per 500ml and it was ok, it worked out great.

Are you sure?
    It says add 40g (8%) of powder to 500ml of water, i find this a bit too sweet / sickly
  • teulk
    Dirtydog11 wrote:
    teulk wrote:

Are you sure?
    It says add 40g (8%) of powder to 500ml of water, i find this a bit too sweet / sickly

Damn you noticed my typo...........i did only add 40g and not 50g - perhaps i was dehydrated when i posted the reply and wasnt thinking straight :D
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010