Non weight loss thread

Surf-Matt
Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
This is the thread for those not wanting to lose (or even wanting to gain) weight.

Big up the whippets! :D:D

Comments

• Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    lol are you the new JC?
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i am happy with my weight as it is at the moment....

I might have a pie later.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Surf-Matt
    Cee - me too.

Just seems that almost every thread on here decends into weight loss therapy.

How about those that aren't worried but just want to get faster, stronger, fitter?

This thread is the Sergeant Major GRRRRR thread... :twisted: :lol::lol:
  • I fall between both camps, oh great stirrer SurfMatt :wink:

I *used to* want to lose weight, which is why I started going to the gym etc - and I did, to start off with. But then my muscles toned up and I got stronger through doing a proper, challenging weights programme, and the weight that I had lost from fat returned in the form of bigger, denser muscles.

So, my focus is no longer on weight, but on strength, fitness and the actual shape of my body. I probably am heavier than a lot of women out there, I will never have skinny legs or a non-existent backside, but I am probably healthier than a lot of them that stand outside their offices smoking a fag at every opportunity.

Having said all of the above, the chaps and chapesses that are concerned with their weight - well it all seems to be part of a drive to get healthy and fit and enjoy mtb more. That can't be a bad thing! Having been in that department fairly recently, I'll offer any advice/support they want, if I can give it.

And if you're having a pie, chicken & mushroom is my favourite... :wink:
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Surf-Matt
    I'm not trying to stir- just noticed almost every thread has become a Trisha style weight thing, even when the thread has no relevance to weight loss.
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    I'm not trying to stir

Mmmmm are you sure?

Not bothered about losing weight either. I, like most blokes, have a bit of a beer tyre I could do without, but I can`t be arsed.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    I'm desperate to lose a few pounds. I'm struggling to maintain 15MPH up the hills and I'm sure it's something to do with my weight.

Anyone got any diet tips?
  • Surf-Matt
    No no no no.

Just thought a thread for those either not bothered or already fit would make a change.
  • rhext
    Oh, are you saying I'm in the wrong place then? It's just I'm very worried that my bum looks a bit big in lycra.

I saw 'weight loss' and thought 'That's the thread for me!'.
  • rhext
    ...as I was eating my lunchtime pizza and cake! ;-)
  • Surf-Matt wrote:
    I'm not trying to stir

chill!

and i'll have another of them pies, whilst you're outside... :wink:
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Surf-Matt
    Hmmm - steak and ale pie... :D
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    12 stone 3 at the minute, 6ft. And a big gut, had to take some jeans back yesterday as after the struggle to get them over my thighs, I couldn't button them!

Don't want to lose any, just 'relocate' some hehe.
  • Surf-Matt
    Can't do much about rapidly disappearing hairline and near dwarfness (5'8") but everything else is fine. Not sure about fur growing in the wrong places though - getting old...
  • supersonic
    Yeah, I started with the weird hair growing stuff in strange places. I can comb my toes now!
  • Surf-Matt
    I had to pluck two long hairs from my right ear last week - WTF?!!

Also seem to be doing a bit of a Teen Wolf impression on the arms and shoulders. Think it's sunk from my noggin and come out where it shouldn't. That and eyebrows that are on the verge of being "Dennis Healeys"

If I didn't do a bit of craft man grooming, I'd look like this:

29may06bsized.jpg

Or this:

werewolf-boy-portra_671230n.jpg

But with a baldy slap...
  • supersonic
    It's a biker thing, look at old Sheldon (bless his soul)

scb_eagle.jpeg
  • Another Size Zero Supermodel checking in. :D

I've been thinking recently, they should do away with all these Youth, Veteran, Singlespeed etc. categories in racing and just have weight divisions, like boxing.

I reckon I'd do far better as a "Heavyweight" than as a "Veteran"
    I am a mountain biking god.
    Unfortunately, my bike's an atheist.
  • Surf-Matt
    Graham - quite like that idea! Middleweight for me - or it was when I competed in kickboxing. I'm convinced I lost too many brain cells as I'm far more stupid than I used to be.

11.5 stone, 5'8", 28-30" waist, 42" chest and legs a sparrow would laugh at - but they work.