I think I've hit a platoon...What to do??

TomF
TomF Posts: 494
After months of hard training I have hit a wall, I can only manage to watch the first film of Oliver Stone's Vietnam war trilogy in a sitting.

No matter how hard I try, I can't bridge the gap and manage Platoon, Born of the Fourth of July and Heaven and Earth in one sitting.

What should I do? maybe some selected scenes from all three? or some 2 x 20 viewings? or should I go the whole hog and buy three TVs to watch them simultaneously?

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I think you need a rest day. Then go at it.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Not eating enough Bananas? Bhima will be at the chaingang tomorrow apparantly - I'm sure he'll be able to give you some tips.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    Incraese your eye cadence to over 1000 blinks per second.Failing that rig a telly up on your handelbars&watch all the films you like as you cycle along the highways & byways.
    Have you heard about the wonderful properties of Bananas?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I had my head down, not lookng where I was going on my ride tonight, going quite hard at 32 mph and 196 rpm, when *bam* I ended up on the deck. I looked up to see this wise-looking Roman chap in flowing robes, dusting himself down.

I think I've hit a Plato.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I passed a very soft stool earlier that was bright green and smelt funny.

I think I've sh1t a play-dough.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Get Some. Get some. Get some.

Watch Apocalypse Now back to back 8 times, thats gonna give you a 1000yd stare, I know I've been there.......
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    TomF wrote:
    After months of hard training I have hit a wall, I can only manage to watch the first film of Oliver Stone's Vietnam war trilogy in a sitting.

No matter how hard I try, I can't bridge the gap and manage Platoon, Born of the Fourth of July and Heaven and Earth in one sitting.

What should I do? maybe some selected scenes from all three? or some 2 x 20 viewings? or should I go the whole hog and buy three TVs to watch them simultaneously?

Thats going to be difficult Tom if you're not getting enough Pop-corn in your system - at minimum, you'll need a piece once every 5-minutes to enable you to keep on watching. Films are hard work Tom, so you need to keep fueled properly throughout to enable yourself to get the best out of the film.
  • TomF
    TomF Posts: 494
    Mettan wrote:
    Thats going to be difficult Tom if you're not getting enough Pop-corn in your system - at minimum, you'll need a piece once every 5-minutes to enable you to keep on watching. Films are hard work Tom, so you need to keep fueled properly throughout to enable yourself to get the best out of the film.

Will that help me overcome the potassium poisoning from eating too many bananas...?

And what's the ideal popcorn to banana ratio?
  • V-twin
    V-twin Posts: 49
    I know the problem. Last week I was descending like a demon, rounded a corner and then smack straight into a rich cake usually layered with cream and elaborately decorated.

Yup. I'd hit a ga-teau. :roll:

mox senex dormit
  • V-twin
    V-twin Posts: 49
    .. sorry. Should have posted that on Cake Stop...

mox senex dormit
  • Terex
    Terex Posts: 3
    TomF wrote:

2x20 viewings of the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. Preferably with 7 speaker surround sound and flat screen TV of at least 42" diagonal measurement. Start with sound level of "Intolerable", working your way up to "Excruciatingly Painful".
  • Terex
    TomF wrote:

2x20 viewings of the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. Preferably with 7 speaker surround sound and flat screen TV of at least 42" diagonal measurement. Start with sound level of "Intolerable", working your way up to "Excruciatingly Painful".
  • Terex
    TomF wrote:

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Tell me about it. Last week I installed furniture and appliances in a picturesque castle in the Loire Valley.

I'll get my coat.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    .....just the other day I was riding along and felt a bump, watched in amazement as a little furry, cat-sized fella, with a mask limped away from me.

Think I've hit a racoon.

.......then I had to swerve and narrowly avoid a coconut covered item of confectionary.

I think I almost hit a macaroon.

Where did I put my coat?
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Stop taking the wee wee, this is a serious post!

Or i'll have to hit you, you Baboon!
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Posts: 17
    I was coasting down an alpine slope when I collided with a group of suitably costumed actors/artist's models, carefully posed and theatrically lit.

I didnt realise at the time but was told afterwards by a French spectator that I 'd hit a Tableau

....ou est mon manteau?
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Riding through London the other day I collided with a large blond-haired mayor

think I hit a bufoon.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    riding past Christie's this afternoon I sneezed ...

I think I bid for a van gogh
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com