Edit: Ribble Cycles custom spec help needed!(5th post)

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited June 2009 in Road beginners
Opinions? Looks good for the money (£550).

What size would people say is best for me? I don't really have a chance to try because my LBS doesn't stock Trek bikes, however I was going to get a 55.5cm Boardman comp SC.

Would you say 56cm will be ok?

Chee]rs,,
Ben

Edit:
nice cheers :)

Well, unfortunately i've just found out that trek are ship to store only which rules them out for me :(

So, can anyone help me spec a bike via ribblecycles? (I have emailed but am unsure when i'll get a reply).
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/BikeBuilder.asp

Here is what I have so far... (£464)

Frame: no idea what the difference is between the top 3. i'm thinking the horizontal tt frame?anyone able to help there?
Fork: ITM Basic fork
Groupset : Sora 9sp double
Wheels: Sora 9sp hub with mavic cxp22 rims and DB spokes

Comments

• oxonmackem
    oxonmackem Posts: 31
    Just bought a Trek 1.2 triple, first road bike for about 30 years, love it.
  • :) glad to hear it! definitely swaying that way myself.

I'm a tad confused though.. and this is why :)

People i've ask about the boardman bikes say that a 55.5cm bike would be best, so i'm thinking a Trek 56cm will be fine.
    However on the tredz website the size guide HERE says I should be looking at 58cm bike.

So i'm very confused :(
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    My first roadie was a black Trek 1.2 and within a couple of months I upgraded to a compact and 27 on the back. I've now upgraded to a full carbon scott and tend to leave the Trek for Turbo work, but it's still a great bike and I'd highly recommend it for the money.
  • nice cheers :)

Well, unfortunately i've just found out that trek are ship to store only which rules them out for me :(

So, can anyone help me spec a bike via ribblecycles? (I have emailed but am unsure when i'll get a reply).
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/BikeBuilder.asp

Here is what I have so far... (£464)

Frame: no idea what the difference is between the top 3. i'm thinking the horizontal tt frame?anyone able to help there?
    Fork: ITM Basic fork
    Groupset : Sora 9sp double
    Wheels: Sora 9sp hub with mavic cxp22 rims and DB spokes