altura whinlatter - advice please

johpat
johpat Posts: 39
edited June 2009 in Routes
hi

I am on holiday in the lake district in the next couple of weeks and am planning to ditch the family for a couple of rides. anyone tried the Altura whinlatter on a hard tail or do you think I need to hire a full susser from the on site cycle hire shop?

Also flatties or SPDs?

Thanks

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    HT or FS doesn't matter,if you normally ride SPDs then carry on.Its a trail centre so its designed to be ridden 8) There's nowt to catch you out.The climb up that's cut into the hillside on the north loop is a bit airy clipped in but that's all part of the fun 8) 8)
  • whalley665
    whalley665 Posts: 150
    When i went i rode a full susser and it handled everything fine, i usually use flatties but i tried SPD's for the second time and it was fine. Going back up there on saturday 20th june and this time going to use flatties.
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i have only ever ridden it on my hardtail,,, i rode it with both spds and flats,..

it aint to hard, it's a fantastic trail well worth a trip.....
  • drewlucas4
    drewlucas4 Posts: 14
    Did my first ever off road ride today at whinlater. Did the Blue trail and was very impressed. Mind you, I've nothing to compare it to so it could be complete pants!
    D.