Recon 335 seems stuck in "Lockout".

Tranced
Tranced Posts: 165
edited June 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
About 3/4 way through todays ride... suddenly no more suspension in front. Anyone know what this could be/ solution.
It's still under warranty so I'll take it in tomorrow.
Embrace cynicism…. see the bigger picture!!!!

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Is the compression / lockout dial fully anti-clockwise?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Tranced
    Whytepeak
    Lockout dial is all the way anti-clockwise. I get exactly same distance of suspension (visible per dust on forks) whether full anti or full clockwise.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Air /coil / dual air ?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Tranced
    Air & coil.
  • Mikey172
    Mikey172 Posts: 3
    This happened to me at Glentress whilst at a demo day. Luckily there was a SRAM technician there who knew the problem straight away.

It's one of the seals inside that has blown which effectively puts it into a hydraulic lock. Mine was under warranty and they repaired it for free.

Take it back to the shop you bought it from and ask them to send it back to SRAM

Hope this helps
  • Tranced
    Thanks for that. Similar happened to a mate, but his blew seal & lost all damper... just went soggy.
    Aaargh, got Test Valley event next week..... Typical.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Or maybe the lowers are full of shite/water.

This happened to my brothers, i took them apart and loads of fluid came out.
  • Tranced
    Well dropped bike off this afternoon. Agreed there's definately something wrog, but they have to go back to Rockshox. So the waiting game begins.
  • Tranced
    LBS called bike ready & collected. Hopefully out for a ride tomorrow to try out the repaired forks. Seems like there was quite a bit of repair required.
    Advantage of dealing with LBS IMO. All covered by warranty. Took just 8 days.
    HAPPY!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Tranced wrote:
    Air & coil.

it is always go to know which spring medium your fork uses.

it is either an air fork or a coil sprung fork.not both :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown