Forum Members Bike of the Year !

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
OK then - budget up to £1800 - must be a dropped handlebar type - and must still be be available .....whats your vote for the 2009 bike of the year ? (would do as a poll , but to many options)

Comments

• Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    With no bias whatsoever.......... Argon 18 Radon :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can't vote as I haven't ridden that many 09 bikes enough to give any meaningful comparison.

Although I know what I like...
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Focus Cayo 105
  • Anonymous
    I have a strong suspicion that people are just going to put the bike they bought...

Very much like they do when responding to 'what bike' threads.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I have a strong suspicion that people are just going to put the bike they bought...

Very true, but I would still do it again.

Colnago Master X-Light.

Yes, there are lighter, and stiffer, and cheaper but nothing will replace mine :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Well, just for capturing mindshare (and being a "budget" star), the Ribble Sportive - good value for money and a good bike aswell - (not £1800 obviously).
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    Litespeed Icon - not even remotely £1800 ish, but it's what I bought and so must be the best bike - come to think of it, I bought it in 08, so doesn't qualify on so many levels.

So it must be the Litespeed Icon then...
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    daviesee wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Colnago Master X-Light.

Yes, there are lighter, and stiffer, and cheaper but nothing will replace mine :P

I want one !
    Picture please
  • Anonymous
    I wanted one too but ended up going the Ti route...

Was going to get the Merckx colours.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Maybe Bike Radar could have a contest for best members bike voted so by the members.
    Not sure how they would prove it's a members bike and not some showroom model,
    but maybe.
  • daviesee
    APIII wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Colnago Master X-Light.

I want one !
    Picture please

I would like to but operator error/incompetance is stopping me.

Maybe if you try this link it will open :?:

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/s ... puser/7397
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Colnago.jpg

fixed!

nice by the way, although don't let NapD see that you've got it on the small ring
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I'd put a vote forward for the Van Nicholas Euros, purely because I want one! Other than that I'd say the Giant TCR Advanced Rabobank (not the SL version), partly because the non Rabobank version won bike of the year in C+
  • zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    the ribble sportive without the deep section wheels should win, surely?
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • Anonymous
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I'm wondering about the ratings and labels given in C+. I have a Wilier Izoard (last years model, which looks identical and indentically specc'd..... rather sexy it is too!), in this months C+ it was given an 8.

The negative comments were something like "would expect better wheels for a bike of this value". So to me it seems that the rating isn't necessarily based just on the bike, but for VFM.

Being that I paid about 20% less than the current retail price, in C+ eyes would the bike get a better rating if the RRP was less. The difference I paid compared to the RRP would probably pay for 2 jumps up the Fulcrum wheel set scale.

Not that I'm too bothered of the rating C+ gave the bike, in my eyes it's bike of the year :wink:
  • daviesee
    APIII wrote:
    Colnago.jpg

fixed!

nice by the way, although don't let NapD see that you've got it on the small ring

Took the shot before reading these posts :oops:

The saddle has went up, the bars down and the Campy stickers on the wheels are now long gone. They have to be pristine or removed. Nice bare aluminium now 8)

Need to get that steerer cut though :P

PS:- How do you load up a photo?
  • Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    That Colnago really needs a silver stem :wink: ...Looks very similar to my Superissimo from '97 (that I had repainted).