Castelli Gear

fatandwheezing
fatandwheezing Posts: 169
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Looking to buy a few things, shorts/bibs and a couple of jerseys, are Castelli any good?

Prices seem quite high - almost Assos prices.

Bill

Comments

• spanner
    spanner Posts: 38
    the quality is superb havent got myself but tried on and have mate who wont use anything else.I will get myself some though
    I\'M GOING TO MAKE A MOLEHILL OUT OF A MOUNTAIN!
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    Got a great castelli outfit. Superlegerra jersey, vittoria shorts and rosso corsa mitts and shorts. All great. Their cheaper stuff is not good though. You would be better off with DHB and keeping the change than lower end castelli stuff.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I only buy Castelli now.

Find there are bargains to be had especially from Wiggle and the quality is 2nd to none. Love the fit as well although sizing I always go one up ie larger to x large.

I have bib shorts, ss top, ls top, longs, socks, gloves, jacket the lot!
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Gazza, if i'm a large in Gore tops, XL in Assos, what do you reckon in Castelli? XL or XXL?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I'm large in Gore and have XL tops in castelli. I'm 5'11" about 12stine in weight.

Castelli sizing is notoriously small.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The only issue I have with Castelli are the sizes, there's no where near me to try the stuff on. That said, I have guessed correctly and I absolutely love what I have of theirs. IMO it's the best looking of the Euro-Gimp style cycle-clothing manufacturers.
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Thanks for the info re sizing. I'm a tad over 6ft and 12.5 stone so it might be a case of ordering from Wiggle and returning if it's the wrong size.
  • Big Banjo
    Big Banjo Posts: 78
    Thanks for the info re sizing. I'm a tad over 6ft and 12.5 stone so it might be a case of ordering from Wiggle and returning if it's the wrong size.

I have 2 castelli jerseys one is in a large and the other in XL, both fit very well and i am a similar size to you, i would go for the XL though.
  • Cheers for the replies, I'm similar to Gazza in size, so looks like it's XL for me.

I don't know what's happened - I haven't changed shape in years, but I used to be a Medium......