First Off Road Session - Leith Hill

Levi_501
Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
edited June 2009 in XC and Enduro
Myself and a friend (who is into MTBing) went to Leith Hill on Saturday.

I have to say I really enjoyed it.

I was really impressed with my bike, the suspension really works, the brakes are sh17 hot and yes you do need all those really low gears that you would think you do not need !

I came off a couple of times, few scratches and bruises nothing terrible. I climbed some steep hills, went down some really steep hill, traveresed banks and did some drop offs. All in all a good day out. Have to say though, it was bluddy knackering !

One thing I did learn is not go over a fallen tree on the angle, perpendicular only ! I have the bruise to show !

Comments

• SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    Glad to see you are getting out there and enjoying it. Just a couple of tips...

1. Hit roots square on so your wheel and the root make a '+' cross...this way your front wheel is less likely to slide out from under you. Watch out for the rear trying to do the same as it comes over the root, especially if you are on a corner. Unweighting the front wheel will also help stop it from sliding out on you along the root.

2. Cake and coffee or a bar meal and a pint are, in most peoples minds, compulsory after ride activities.

I took my girlfriend to Llandegla recently on her first off road trip and she loved it.

http://xcenduro.co.uk/blog/blog.asp

See you out on the trails...

Si
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk