It's not how they drive but how they park too!

lost-time
lost-time Posts: 549
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
On my commute on the way home I'm just coming to the end of the off-road section and approaching a narrow gate like contraption that with a little skill requires no unclipping to get passed, I see two cyclists having a bit of difficulty getting through...as I get closer I see that a car (BMW) has parked on the pavement right in front of the cyclepath entrance leaving the smallest of gaps to negociate. I mention to the first rider that ''It's not the best place to park!'' and she of course agrees. Only when the second rider is through I see the driver getting his hiking stick and OS map out of the passenger side door.
Me ''Not the best place to leave your car mate''
Him ''Hmmmfff''
Me ''There's a free carpark at Tesco just back up the road a few hundred yards....you could leave it there instead of blocking a foot and cyclepath, not to mention parking on the pavement''
Him ''That would mean walking half a mile along a road!''
Me ''That's OK then isn't it as you couldn't possibly walk too far!''

On that note I squeezed passed and called him in ignorant tw*t
Bearing in mind the walk he was about to do is at least 4 miles a few hundred yards wouldn't hurt! I couldn't believe he would just park there.

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Hope that you didn't scrape your brake lever along the entire length of his car....on both sides :twisted:
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Lazy.....it's just like those folk who spend ages looking for the closest parking space to the door of the supermarket.

I park up out of the way, and walk in before they've found somewhere.... crazy....
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    fossyant wrote:
    Lazy.....it's just like those folk who spend ages looking for the closest parking space to the door of the supermarket.

I park up out of the way, and walk in before they've found somewhere.... crazy....

It's worse - apparently he's trying to take some exercise ! It's like the people who spend ages looking for the closest parking space to the door of the gym !
    Misguided Idealist