Rain, sex and parking

Cafewanda
Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
Part One
So this morning I reluctantly awaken. I can hear the rain. In times past I'd try to remember where the brolly was and wonder if the Oyster card had money on it. This time I peeped through the window and immediately thought "I'm cycing in". Nuts, aren't I?

Part Two
A good journey, if slow. Took me 36 mins door to door (not that I'm timing myself you understand :roll: ) and I'm definitely getting a lighter bike as I'm fedup of people passing me :x I arrive at On Your Bike, wander through the shop to park and hear "excuse me sir" What the :shock: To be fair, the staff member was very apologetic and my clothing probably didn't help but I couldn't help feeling alittle miffed that I'm no longer mistaken for a boy :roll: :? I was given an ID card so I can 'officially' use the bike park.

Part Three
On Your Bike's parking is now open to the general public and I think it's £20 a week. Fortunately my company pays for me (for the time being), but I wonder if that will be a taxable benefit at some point in the future?

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    "Excuse me, Miss?"
    "Wadda ya mean, Miss???"
    "I'm sorry I have a cold"

Some people don't like cycling in the rain - personally I HATE setting off in the rain, but once going, it's fine.

If you have good clothing, you keep warm and the rain is just... there
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    Shorts and tshirt in the rain! :lol:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Very disappointed by this threads content :wink:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    The "sex" part in the thread title promised more than it delivered. :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I quite liked the rain this morning, very refreshing :)
  • Cafewanda
    Shorts and t-shirt would have been the better option as I was roasting in the getup I had on!

Sorry for 'misleading' title guys - my apologies :P

Cycling in the rain is akin to running in the rain. Bloody fantastic once you get going, as long as you avoid rain spatter from the cyclist in front with no/high mudguards :lol:
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Oh, sex as in gender :roll:
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I don't mind the rain. I do tend to wear a waterproof jacket if it's raining when I set out, but I was running so late this morning that it had stopped...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    When I read sex I was so hoping for.... some filth (for want of a better word) then I realised that the OP is a Greg (either T or 66, they're both dirty old men)...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Cafewanda
    Gussio wrote:

Morning rain brought that thought into my mind, but I promised myself I'd be a good girl. Why, I don't know................ :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

Morning rain brought that thought into my mind, but I promised myself I'd be a good girl. Why, I don't know................ :roll:

Why would morning rain bring that to mind?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

*bites tongue to refrain from making any inapproprioate jokes about being moist*

Wasn't really raining this morning in West London, more of a fine mist. Bit like when you go to the barbers and they spray water on your hair / into your eyes. Found it to be quite pleasant and was glad that there wasn't too much standing water on the road, which tends to taste pretty rotten. Bit of a tail wind as well. Happy days....
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Shorts and t-shirt would have been the better option as I was roasting in the getup I had on!
    I think a /lot/ of people here have at some point bought that bright yellow Altura (or similar) jacket for the rain and regretted it as it's "boil in the bag".

The day I first went without one in March or so, it was still really nippy and at times rainy, but everything felt so much easier when I wasn't gasping through the steamy sweatiness...
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Cafewanda
    Gussio wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

*bites tongue to refrain from making any inapproprioate jokes about being moist*

:twisted: :twisted: I'm saying nowt.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I ddi put my jacket on today, probably unnecessarily.
    But it's the first chance I've had to use it :) And I didn't want to stop halfway to put it on if the rain got any heavier.
  • robmanic1
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

Could be something about "showers" or "water sports", perhaps. I'm just guessing though. :oops:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

• or a wet t-shirt competition
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • DonDaddyD
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

Could be something about "showers" or "water sports", perhaps. I'm just guessing though. :oops:

I just fall back to my default conclusion.

Girls are weird.
    Food Chain number = 4

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Cafewanda wrote:
    ...On Your Bike's parking is now open to the general public and I think it's £20 a week. Fortunately my company pays for me (for the time being), but I wonder if that will be a taxable benefit at some point in the future?

It is a taxable benefit now unless there is some specific exemption in the legislation.
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    This thread should be done under the trade descriptions act.

The goods certainly do not match the description on the wrapper.

There was even an opportunity for a "behing the bike sheds" moment but it came to nothing.

I think that Wanda should try harder.

Also
    It is a taxable benefit now unless there is some specific exemption in the legislation.

is what you get when ther's not enough lithium grease based smut in your thread - we should all be on our guard!
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • robmanic1
    I agree GegT, the headline screams "DOGGING".

• Cafewanda
    You guys are so sick/depraved/perverted...............................just like my brothers and I used to be 20+ years ago :D:D

I have 3 older brothers, so I WAS an honorary boy. Made for some very interesting conversations with my girlfriends as I 'naturally' had a very male outlook most of the time :)

Number 1 bruv would have had something to say about the title, which would probably get me barred from this site :twisted: :twisted:
  • DonDaddyD
    Cafewanda wrote:

Number 1 bruv would have had something to say about the title, which would probably get me barred from this site :twisted: :twisted:

Don't know why but I read that as incest... :shock:

Sorry Wanda, no offence
    Food Chain number = 4

• Cafewanda
    :roll: :roll: like I said earlier, perverted/depraved.................. :P