Slendertone????

gav320
gav320 Posts: 8
Hi everyone.

Was having a intresting conversation with a work college today, who has brought a slendertone abs working machine. (you know the one with the advert on the t.v)

He has been using it for about 2 months now and has noticed a increase in the toning of his abs???/

He is generally a fit guy, who rides regular and does go to the gym a lot to, but he always complained about getting rid of saggy fat from his waist.
He now says that since giving this slendertone machine a try is seems to have worked.

What i wanted to know is...Has anyone else on here used slendertone and has it actually worked for them???

Be intrested to see what everyone says.
:D

Comments

• Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    In theory, it works. It will not eliminate fat, per se, but it will tighten your abs, provided you don't already have a huge layer of jelly over them.

Or you could just do 10 minutes of ab work a day.
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • hoponbaby
    hoponbaby Posts: 22
    lazy persons way to 'try' to obtain a 6 pack..what they dont tell you on all the expensive packaging and advertising is that diet is the most important factor!! people are easily influenced by big company marketing thinking if a big company says it is good for you then it must be..
    i cant for the life of me think how a slendertone would help my performance on a mountain bike..bring on burpees/squat thrusts/sit ups and l-sits any day
    slendertone is not a fat burner hard work and a good diet is!!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    The small print at the bottom says that daily usage is the same as 150 sit ups. 150 sit ups are quicker and obviously a lot cheaper...
  • militiacore
    militiacore Posts: 101
    They also advocate it's use whilst training the particular muscle group which is meant to add maybe 5%-10% increased muscle stimulus but in the real world - no.
    Chas Roberts - DOGSBOLX
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    The advert actually suggests that you have good fitness and have got your diet sorted and that some people will struggle to get abs even though they work out, so in your time away from the gym and doing some of lives essentials such as working at a computer/ catching up on TV you can work on getting your stomach toned.

They in no way claim to make you healthier or burn fat by sitting getting shocked, but the new adverts suggest it is used as a little bonus to help stomech toning.

I would like to state that I neither work for nor own a slendertone :lol:
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04