WOOP!

SleepyLea
SleepyLea Posts: 127
edited June 2009 in Women
Hello! I did my first trail yesterday 8) , then went back and did it again today :D

Been out getting fit on the squeaker, and decided to try and kill it with some proper dirt and off roading at my local mtb trail... OMG... Riding is not just good for the fitness, my face muscles are getting a good work out from all the smiling that I cant stop doing!

I must have been going about 40 down hill (please note this translates to just faster then walking pace), and put in an amazing(ly slow) time.

Now all I need to do is keep riding it to get some where near good :D

Comments

• fred1star
    fred1star Posts: 428
    Go Girl.... Welcome to MTBing.... :lol:
    09 - Santa Cruz Heckler
    03 - Trek 8500
    95 - P7 (Dead, but I loved it)
    Year dot - Alpine Stars CR300 - Still going strong...
  • Fantastic - good for you! :D
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    nice one thing is you will want to go more and more now you have got the bug
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    nice one thing is you will want to go more and more now you have got the bug
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • spingle
    spingle Posts: 35
    It is really addicative. I am really looking forward to going out this weekend. Me and Mr S do try to get out after work and turn a ride into an evening picnic too but both been working late.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    i know what ya mean about getting the bug i started on a crappy 35 quid second hand britich eagle 2500 quid later i ahve my marin full susser
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    That's awesome! Don't worry about your speeds or skills. It will all come with time and the only person you need to impress is yourself ;)

Welcome to your new life!
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • SleepyLea
    SleepyLea Posts: 127
    tbh, I am simply impressed that I stay on the bike, apart from when walking up a slight incline, and that I made it round. I have a few goals with the course, and cant wait to get out again. The Mr is due to get a bike soon, so I will have a riding partner, and I will be able to show him that I really do need a more capable bike :D

I though something bit me while I was going round, odd thing is it only itches when I am not on my bike, oooh that will be the riding bug then? :wink:
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    :lol: Could be ;)
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04