Shuffling the herd

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
I need some advice, during a recent ebay frenzy I purchased various parts suitable for both my tourer and my single speed and I now don't know what to do, should I fit a rather nice set of carbon forks to my Mercian tourer then follow suit with 700c wheels and a modern freehub or fit those forks to my SS?

I now have a new old set of FGSS wheels (thanks LiTs) for the SS which slightly reduces the over all weight plus a new BB which again makes it lighter I could perhaps even get the weight down to 18lbs with the right tyres.

Both bikes have really nice steel forks already, the SS weighs 19-20lbs the tourer about 30lbs or should I build a completely new bike?

Edit: I was promised a stem by a crazy woman in the pub least I think that's what she said :shock:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    So you have a set of fixed gear wheels going spare?

120mm spaced?

;)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    itboffin wrote:
    I need some advice, during a recent ebay frenzy I purchased various parts suitable for both my tourer and my single speed and I now don't know what to do, should I fit a rather nice set of carbon forks to my Mercian tourer then follow suit with 700c wheels and a modern freehub or fit those forks to my SS?

I now have a new old set of FGSS wheels (thanks LiTs) for the SS which slightly reduces the over all weight plus a new BB which again makes it lighter I could perhaps even get the weight down to 18lbs with the right tyres.

Both bikes have really nice steel forks already, the SS weighs 19-20lbs the tourer about 30lbs or should I build a completely new bike?

Edit: I was promised a stem by a crazy woman in the pub least I think that's what she said :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!