Pain in shoulders

vamos tony
vamos tony Posts: 15
Having just upgraded to a specialized from a very old Scott. I am getting pains in my shoulders either left or right shoulder but not both at the same time.
What am I doing wrong with my set up ?
Cheers Tony
:D
I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....
Scared the shit out of me.
So that's it!
After today, no more reading

Comments

• mikey558
    mikey558 Posts: 6
    what size frame are running how tall are you? what specialized have you got? it could be anything.
  • vamos tony
    vamos tony Posts: 15
    mikey558 wrote:
    what size frame are running how tall are you? what specialized have you got? it could be anything.

6 foot
    rockhopper
    19" frame
    cheers
    I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....
    Scared the shit out of me.
    So that's it!
    After today, no more reading
  • Klein XC
    Klein XC Posts: 35
    Check your saddle position - if the saddle is inclined slightly forward, it can put too much weight on your shoulders and arms. Also check your posture while cycling. Some people have a habit of placing more pressure on one arm or the other, which will lead to a sore shoulder on one side.

As Mikey says, it could be many things - a bit of trial and error should sort it out. More often than not it's to do with saddle position and riding posture (assuming you have the right frame size to begin with). You may want to reduce your reach to the handlebars by moving the saddle forward - sometimes an overstretched reach can cause shoulder pain too.
    "Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." Spike Milligan.