Knee pain 2 weeks before GYBR!!!

Tino4444
Tino4444 Posts: 281
edited June 2009 in Road beginners
Hi All,

Just my luck!!! 2 weeks before the GYBR and I have twinged my left knee :evil:

I hurt it whilst out cycling last Sunday. It is okay when I am sat but then when I straighten my leg after being sat for a while is kinda cracks. Also if I bend my knee and raise my leg that hurts too as if something is pulling at the top of my knee cap!! :?

It does feel a little better today but I am not sure what action to take on it between now and the GYBR on 13th June.

I cannot decide whether to give it total rest of to go out and do some light spinning on the bike.

Just hope its better in time for the event other wise it looks like I am doing it one legged!!

Tino
Speciallized Allez 09...great bike shame about the wheels!!

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    My knee is acting up also
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Ahh knees, a subject close to my heart (figuratively, not literally!).

The pull on your knee cap sounds like what I have had in various degrees over the last 7 months, which has been diagnosed at patella tendonitis. If it's the first time its happened and it's not too severe I would rest it for a few days other than stretching it, then build up your distance on the bike again.

If it carries on, don't do what I did, nothing, hoping it would mend itself, it ddn't, and I made it far worse, go and see an expert.

KK
  • Tino4444
    Tino4444 Posts: 281
    Ahh knees, a subject close to my heart (figuratively, not literally!).

The pull on your knee cap sounds like what I have had in various degrees over the last 7 months, which has been diagnosed at patella tendonitis. If it's the first time its happened and it's not too severe I would rest it for a few days other than stretching it, then build up your distance on the bike again.

If it carries on, don't do what I did, nothing, hoping it would mend itself, it ddn't, and I made it far worse, go and see an expert.

KK

Thanks very much for the advice. I decided not to excercise in the end and just rested it. It actually feels a bit better now but I am going to give it another weeks rest.

Tino.
    Speciallized Allez 09...great bike shame about the wheels!!