Llandegla black

lesz42
lesz42 Posts: 690
edited June 2009 in Routes
Lo all

i have done the blue a fair few times at Llandegla, and the red once, want to have a pop at the black, and see what its like

my main fear is that i will be going fairly slow, getting used to the place, and have a a fear that a faster rider would " collect" me!"

i have always got out of the way of faster riders, but i guess there would be some that would not be happy with a noob on the black!?

after the blue, i am loving the red, and will be my main trail there, but want to see what the black is like! but tbh, not a jumper so will give them a miss for now ( but soon i will :)

and after the Marin trail, the red seems tame?
Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Black is just a longer red TBH, I aint a jumper either (too old and fat! :lol: ) but you can still enjoy it even with minimal air- all jumps are rollable anyway and the big step that used to freak a lot of people (big as in ironic...) has been removed. Dont sweat the faster riders, just move over when safe to do so- on one of the many hairpins is ideal....
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • John Moore
    John Moore Posts: 580
    You'll be fine, just don't go at peak times or tomorrow morning when our lot are there :wink:
  • lesz42
    he he he getting there for the 9am start! lol

i hope
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • John Moore
    We'll be long gone by then and be on the way up to the masts by that late time.

As long as they open the gates early that is.

If you see a gang of riders some with red and white tops on come over and say hello
  • lesz42
    will do! the Masts? seen a vid, looks good, is it? looks fun

is it steep or just rough? can NEVER tell in the videos, unless its stupid steep!
  • John Moore
    Which vid? post up a link please
  • lesz42
  • John Moore
    Sorry not a member I'd rather be riding a bike than look into Facebook.

Is the vid anywhere else?
  • lesz42
    sorry! no

sadly i like facebook!

i always like get some info about a ride, sadly, all were mistaken about marin, that was so hard

more like i was so unfit, when it came to rough stuff....
  • John Moore
    The Marin's a peice of cake it was my first trail centre ride many years back.

Try Penmachno, it's flatter and not as technical but great fro training.

May be see you in the morning.
  • lesz42
    John Moore wrote:
    The Marin's a peice of cake it was my first trail centre ride many years back.

Try Penmachno, it's flatter and not as technical but great fro training.

May be see you in the morning.

guess it shows how noob i am? i have a some time off soon, Penmanchno is next, less climbing? that done me in at Marin

guess i am more unfit!
  • realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    edited May 2009
    I'm going tomorrow if all goes well might see you there 8). Going for the 1st time, looking forward to the black looking at youtube :lol:
  • John Moore
    If you live near Llandegla time yourself around the Black then each time you ride it you'll knock minutes off it.

How long did it take you to do the red last time?
  • lesz42
    not sure, my mate on a trek remedy 9 ( new to him, and new to mtb) did it in 95 min?

i reckon i would be 10 off that
  • John Moore
    Now you've got a base time, aim to do the black in the same time as you did the red by the end of the summer.

My best on the black is just under 1hr 5mins, it's not as enjoyable as riding round and taking in the views but it's good to race around occasionally to gauge your fitness.
  • John Moore
    FYI
    On a Sunday the car park fills up very quickly
  • lesz42
    John Moore wrote:
    Now you've got a base time, aim to do the black in the same time as you did the red by the end of the summer.

My best on the black is just under 1hr 5mins, it's not as enjoyable as riding round and taking in the views but it's good to race around occasionally to gauge your fitness.

65 min for the whole of the trail? cool, something to aim for!

i am 12 stone, 10 pounds, 39 years of age, been mtbing since june last year, poorly
  • realnumber 1
    John Moore wrote:
    FYI
    $On a Sunday the car park fills up very quickly

Thats me stuffed then. Anywere nearby for parking?
  • lesz42
    got a huge overspill carpark, bit far off tho
  • lesz42
    i hope to be there for 9-ish, on a scott

might do the blue, red or black, see how i feel!
  • realnumber 1
    lesz42 wrote:
    got a huge overspill carpark, bit far off tho

Cool I wasn't planning on stting off til 9 and get there for 10.30 ish. Will I be able to get to full laps in in that time. I read on mtb wales the car parks get locked at 4,30 :?
  • John Moore
    How did you get on today, it didn't seem that busy mid afternoon when we got back to the trail centre.

We left Llandegla and rode down to llangollen before returning back for a loop of the black and a very hilly 35 miles.

IMG_4225.jpg[url][/url]
  • realnumber 1
    I ended up taking a wrong turn so didn't get there until 11.30. Did the Red/Black twice in the end (42km :shock: ) . Did each lap in around 2 hours each. thought it was quite good. Nearly stacked it on one of the doubles on that dirt jump bit that starts at the bridge. Was very lucky :shock: .

1st lap was a bit busy but hardly saw anyone on the 2nd lap. I would go again if it was with other people but don't think I would bother on my own again. Although there was some nice looking ladies out and about 8) .
  • lesz42
    did the black, twice, almost!

first i did the first part, then onto the the red, one day, did not do the jumps, i walked the steep berms/northshore ( bit daunting :oops: )

second time, no jumps all of the black, and did ride some of the berms, ( no jumps/northshore)

was a bit tired! now i did not break any records for speed, and mostly likely rode like a right wimp, but bloody enjoyed it! :D

aim to ride all the berms and northshore bits, that would make me happy.

then just go faster!
  • John Moore
    I saw an injured lad there but his mate standing over him said he was ok this afternoon, just into the first section of black.

If it was you or your mate who was injured let us know how you are and what happened please.
  • lesz42
    oh dear!

did not see anything
  • John Moore
    He was in a bit of a state holding his head but he mate told me he was OK so I carried on at speed :twisted:
  • lesz42
    they are building loads of new stuff eh?
  • John Moore
    More stuff for riders to crash on. :lol:

It was quite there today wasn't it?
  • lesz42
    cooler, which nice

goimg there on monday, wednesday, friday, next week, i hope!