Vittoria Rubino / Rubino Pro /diamante pro

evil_breakfast
evil_breakfast Posts: 451
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
as a civil servant, we have a discount scheme available to us and one of the affiliates have a whopping 15% discount.
unfortunately the website concerned doesn't sell michelin pro3's :cry:
but they do stock the above.
any one care to opine/advise re these tyres?
You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    as a civil servant, we have a discount scheme available to us and one of the affiliates have a whopping 15% discount.
    unfortunately the website concerned doesn't sell michelin pro3's :cry:
    but they do stock the above.
    any one care to opine/advise re these tyres?

I've used rubino pro and diamante pro. both good tyres, the rubino's have about 5000km on them, two punctures in total in that time, one definately due to riding over a large patch of broken glass, they ride well, perhaps coming towards the end of their lives, but I've retired the wheels more than the tyres right now, they're still in use as spares.

The diamantes I've only been riding for a few hundred km, they feel good and fast and sure, can't yet comment on puncture resistance.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    I've got Diamante Pro's, Rubino Pro's and Diamante Pro Light's (for Racing) and Open Corsa KS's.

The new 2009 Diamante Pro's are lighter than the Pro Race 3's - I like them alot for summer riding - light, fast, grip very well, and adequate enough puncture protection - I'd hazard a guess that the new Diamante Pro's are a good match with the Pro Race 3's.

If you're on a budget, get the Rubino Pro's - they do most things well, and are cheaper - if you want something lighter, get the new Diamante Pro's - very good summer tyres. I haven't had a single cut in 3-4 months riding with the new Diamante Pro's - very impressive. If its the Diamnte Pro's make sure its the new 2009 model and not the old 2008 model - the new ones are better (and lighter).
  • italiaandyf
    italiaandyf Posts: 120
    I use the Rubino Pro Tech during the winter and on my training wheels, very good puncture resistance, fast, nice tyres. Just put a pair or Diamante Pro's on my good wheels and they are fantastic, really smooth and supple, a great ride, roll fast.