GIANT XTC 3 - Fitness here i come...

Tungsten_1
Tungsten_1 Posts: 7
edited June 2009 in Your mountain bikes
It's been a lot of years since i last even looked at a bike, as my general state of fitness will testify. Hopefully by spending more than I wanted to on a new bike I might get out and use it......

DSC00020.jpg

MODEL XtC 3
SIZES L (20")
FRAME AluxX SL aluminium, Fluid Formed
FORK Rock Shox Tora 302 AIR 100mm travel, Turnkey lock out
HANDLEBAR Giant A5 aluminium O.S.riser
STEM Giant A5 aluminium O.S.
SEAT POST GIANT A3 aluminium
SADDLE WTB Silverado Race
PEDALS Steel with resin body and toe clips
SHIFTERS Shimano Deore 27 speed RapidFire Plus
FRONT MECH Shimano Deore
REAR MECH Shimano XT Shadow
BRAKES Giant Root hydraulic disc, 160mm rotors
BRAKE LEVER Giant Root
CASSETTE Shimano HG50 11-34
CHAIN Shimano HG73
CRANKS Shimano M442 44/32/22
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano UN26 cartridge
RIMS Alex DP-17 26"
HUBS Formula disc
SPOKES Stainless steel
TYRES Kenda Nevegal 26x2.1'' Stick-E front, DTC rear
*WEIGHT 13.32 KG / 29.06LB - This is the weight of a Medium dont know what mine weighs[/img]

Comments

• Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Nice!

Getting a good bike certainly does encourage you to get out and about, I can testify to that!

Im unfit, and I smoke, but I surprised myself last weekend. Did 20 miles around Delamere forest, was boiling hot, but I didnt exhaust myself... And no one overtook me! I was doing all the passing 8)

enjoy it mate!
    Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    p.s. Get rid of the toe clips!!!

far too dangerous in my opinion!

get urself some nice shimano m520 spd pedals and some spd shoes 8)

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    I have the exact same and im chuffed to bits with it! Dont think much to the saddle though gave me a really sore arse so that was off straight away.

People were telling me the giant brakes werent great but i thought they stop me really well after nearly flying over the handlebars afew times.

Enjoy the bike :)
  • I think the brakes are great, the saddle is an arse breaker though, I've changed that too.
  • OH NO Dan
    Tungsten_1 wrote:
    I think the brakes are great, the saddle is an ars* breaker though, I've changed that too.

Dont understand that why they put such a poo saddle on a great bike. Thats the only thing about the bike i dont like.

Very chuffed with the bike!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    what saddle would you guys reccommend for under about £30? Weight isn't really an issue, but the saddle on my carrera is a right pain in the arse.... so to speak
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    cheers :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bike husband
    bike husband Posts: 124
    Hi sorry this is a little late[hols] loving your bike.In reply to Ilovedirt ie a new saddle for under £30 I would go for a Charge Spoon
  • I looked at this bike yesterday but walked away when I looked at the welds.

Is this consistent throughout the range? The one I saw looked like pigeon poop compared to similarly priced bikes out there.
  • OH NO Dan
    I looked at this bike yesterday but walked away when I looked at the welds.

Is this consistent throughout the range? The one I saw looked like pigeon poop compared to similarly priced bikes out there.

The welds on mine look tip top, I dont no much about welds mind you. The bike feels nice and tight though.
  • I think you must have seen a Friday afternoon one! Mine looks OK to me - kind of like a stack of coins on its side.