Challenge Dauphine 2009 Video Diary - Vercors, France

Hi all,

http://www.vimeo.com/4923833

Yesterday I rode the 173km Challenge Dauphine event in the Vercors mountains near Grenoble. It's one of the first cyclosportives in the year that takes you into the mountains around the city. 3,200 metres of climbing over the course, with great countryside, gorges, tunnels and cliffs. It's really well organised even, lots of feedstops, and it was nice to see that there were a few Brits there yesterday.

I wanted to share the video diary telling the story of my day.

Cheers, Russell
www.grenoblecycling.com

Comments

• MartinJ
    MartinJ Posts: 104
    Great video - looked like you had a great day! Scenery looks stunning.

I considered doing the Challenge Dauphine this year but starting a new job put this on hold. Maybe next year....

I'm visiting The Vercors in the summer so maybe I get to try some of the climbs.
  • It's a really nice event for anybody coming over from the UK. For me, the 123km event reminds me of a ride through the Cotswolds with numerous small climbs. The 173km does include a 900 metre ascent in the middle over the Col de la Machine - which includes the cliff road and tunnels you see on the video.

You'll have a great time in the Vercors - it's always quiet, even in the summer. I was sad to cycle past the entrance to the road through the Grand Goulets and see the new tunnel and barrier across the old road. Looks like you can't even walk through there now.

Russell
    www.grenoblecycling.com
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I'll second that, excellent cycling terrain.

Anyone in Britain who has yet to try a sportive in France must think of giving it a go, sportives in Britain just can't compare when it comes to organisation, atmosphere and often the scenery.