Bring on Autumn!

Nick Dastardly
Nick Dastardly Posts: 606
edited June 2009 in MTB general
When all the plants will die.

Sure, we have lovely weather at the moment but all my trails are getting overgrown! Everywhere I go I'm getting covered in scratches and nettle stings, just look at the state of my arms from one 2 hour ride!

dsc00028s.jpg
"The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ahhhhh didums

:twisted:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    tell the truth.......they're not from riding..........have we been self-harming again???? :wink:
  • SpinningJenny
    SpinningJenny Posts: 889
    Call yourself a Yorkshireman! They'll take your ID card off you for that!

You've turned nesh after moving South, I see... :wink:

Re the nettles: dock leaves reduce the sting.
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    Cover up by wearing long sleeves. Cut the nettles down and make a nice pot of nettle soup with them!! Or just don't ride anywhere that overgrown! Has to be somewhere better to ride, ain't there?

KK.
  • Aldo001
    Aldo001 Posts: 251
    Never mind the plants... its the sun-burn that gets me down :(
    As I found out when sitting outside in the sun reading MBUK topless :roll:
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    MTFU.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    This thread is conclusive proof that

a) some people aren't happy unless they're whinging

and

b) some people will whinge about anything.

If you don't like getting intimate with nature, stay indoors and watch telly.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    i know what ya mean about the nettle but hey i love riding so i dont mind gettin stunc to crap lol
  • Sorry for setting you off on a rant Dave, this was a bit more tongue in cheek than it comes across. In fact I'm not sorry, you have fun whinging at me whinging :wink:

You're all right I probably should man up but I can't cut it wth all these Cockney thugs. And unfortunately the whole area is flat and there's limited singletrack, the best bits of which now need macheteing through!
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Meh, its all part of the MTB experience!!!

Just as getting caked in sh1t every once in a while is. As is spending wayyyy too much a little, seemingly insignificant bits of metal (and worse, thinking they look cool! (Which, of course, they are :wink: )). As when you have to walk somewhere, you constantly scope out 'lines' to ride...

Getting sliced up on your trails is part of this. Enjoy the summer days, and warmness, and DRY(!!!) trails while they last. The winter will feel looooong when it sets in.

So, MTFU!!! :wink:

:lol: 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • randomage
    randomage Posts: 100
    :D you should see my legs at the moment! easily twice as bad. brambles are a bitch. although chaz is right about looking for lines and the getting caked in mud bit. that more or less classifies an mtber!

enjoy showering with those cuts though (cue shouts of MTFU!)
    "The day after tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. That way, you always have a couple of days in hand." - Bill Bailey
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    Nick,

I noticed the same thing when i was out yesterday and have advised the powers that be about some areas that need work before tomorrow nights ride:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=300

:D