quick question - marz bomber dj3s 2008

konaridermike
konaridermike Posts: 6
edited May 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
just a quick question as i have looked everywhere on the web and can't find out anywhere...
I have a 2008 model Kona Shred with the stock dirt jumper 3 forks, but i am looking at an upgrade. Could someone please tell me what through axle the fork has, as i seem to get a different answer everywhere i ask.
i would appreciate it greatly if someone could give me an answer A.S.A.P as i am looking to upgrade the forks in the next coulpe of weeks.
cheers,
mike

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A 20mm, but some are quick release.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    aftermarket DJ3 are QR.

some OE are 20mm.

so doesw yours have a 20 or a 9mm Qr?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • it's not quick release, thats about all i know.
    i have been told today that it's a 10mm bolt through, which confused me even more!!

Thanks to everyone who replied, i appreciate the help and advice :D
  • nicklouse
    might be a nutted 10mm so the fork is a 3/8th inch Qr (commonly known as a Qr fork).

But you have the QR version of the fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • that shows how much i know :lol: i thought that when you said QR you meant quick release!
  • nicklouse
    yes i did as that is what the drop out is.

but you just have a nutted hub that fit in there.