Calling IT/Gadget Geeks

cjcp
cjcp Posts: 13,345
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
This is commuter related because I intend to use the iPod for the laps of RP on the way home  :wink: .

Anyhoo, does anyone know where I can get the following:

1. an adaptor of some sort that allows two people to listen to the one iPod at the same time;

2. an iPod charger which connects to the car cigarette lighter, so I don't have to bother with buying enough batteries to power the USS Nimitz; or

3. if not an iPod, some other form of gadget/portable CD player/MP3 players (whatever they are; I've just heard the name) which allows the same two people to listen at the same time? (They'll be kids, listening to the CD set of Winnie the Pooh.)

Cheers

CJ

(Yes, I know I'm a technopobe.  :) )
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Comments

• chorscroft
    chorscroft Posts: 254
    If you're talking about two people listening to the one ipod while cycling that could be difficult. If however you're talking about something different then all you need is a headphone splitter http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Speaker-Headphones-Splitter-White/dp/B000CI3480/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243792091&sr=8-1
    And then plug two pairs of headphones in - it will drain the battery faster however.
    Here's a car charger http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-In-Car-Charger-for-iPod/dp/B001F6M4JI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243792181&sr=1-4
  • try advancemp3players.co.uk they have everything you need :)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    cjcp wrote:
    This is commuter related because I intend to use the iPod for the laps of RP on the way home  :wink: .

Anyhoo, does anyone know where I can get the following:

1. an adaptor of some sort that allows two people to listen to the one iPod at the same time;

2. an iPod charger which connects to the car cigarette lighter, so I don't have to bother with buying enough batteries to power the USS Nimitz; or

3. if not an iPod, some other form of gadget/portable CD player/MP3 players (whatever they are; I've just heard the name) which allows the same two people to listen at the same time? (They'll be kids, listening to the CD set of Winnie the Pooh.)

Cheers

CJ

(Yes, I know I'm a technopobe.  :) )

1) i think you could get spliters for headphones.

2) pcworld etc should have a ipod charger though make sure you check compatblity as not all ipods like the same chargers, so places that don't quible would be wise.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    cjcp wrote:
    Just get one big pair of headphones and stick it over the pair of em. Duck tape would help keep everything secure. Then hope there's not some weird subliminal thing going on if you just hear one track.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Thanks, chaps! :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."