Unhappy with your forks 'warranty repair' work?

KonaKurt
KonaKurt Posts: 720
edited May 2009 in MTB general
I've been pretty miffed off with the 'warranty repair' that Fisher Outdoor did on my RS forks recently, because they completely overlooked a loose coompression ring, and a compression gate that does not work at all... back they will go!

Just wondering what other stories people have about less then satisfactory warranty work they have received..?

KK.

Comments

• Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Ooooooooooo dont get me started on Fishers. I wouldnt let them sharpen my pencil. They would probably sharpen the wrong end.

When my Pikes decided to throw out all their oil I was offered a warranty repair but decided to pay up myself and send them to TF. Fishers where talking about a 4 WEEK turnaround to fit an o-ring. TF serviced them and sorted the problem in 4 days.

Unfortunately all you can do is send them back with your complaint and wait again.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • KonaKurt
    Bliimey, 4 weeks is shameful.

Who are TF by the way...? Might go to them.
  • KonaKurt
    By the way, forks or any other components for that matter... stories about any warranty work, let's hear them!!

KK.
  • Prowlus
    Prowlus Posts: 539
    4 weeks is nothing . Try 3 months on marzocchis ! I bought my 2009 ata2 fork in january and it took till march to fix a defective tst2 cart
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    WHere did you buy the forks from? Need to be taking it up with them, and making them do the donkey work. If they can't turn it round in a decent time, ask for compensation.
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    TF tuned. Google it for the number.

Legendary suspension repairers and Rockshox experts, give them a call ive never had anything but excellent service from them, in fact my rear shock is going down there next week!
    "Didn't hurt"
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I've only ever had a problem with the lowers cracking on my 36's. Took them to Mojo, and even though Fox don't consider it a warranty issue because I didn't read the warnings about over tightening them they replaced them for free, and the stearer/stancions because of a minor manfacuring fault. Had them back the next day as a virtually new set, all for the price of a service.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Specialized turned my fork/shock service around in about 2 days, they even replaced the shock under warranty due to a small problem they found themselves.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    same here, spesh returned my fork fully refurbed in two days. very coolio.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Had a Motion Control Unit fail on my RS Pikes (that came with the Felt AM) apparently it was a known issue, so I expected a decent turnaround time on the warranty. I contacted Wiggle and sent them back to them who obviously handed them to the distributor.
    The turnaround time was 4 weeks odd. I wasn't too fussed at it was late Autumn and I also have a HT to ride around on. If it was summer I would have been spitting iron filings in frustration!

Ironically my buddy's RS forks on his Giant Trance gave up the ghost at Swinley this afternoon..
    I'll point him to this Thread and rest assured I'll hear him curse from where he lives - over 90 miles from my house!!
  • KonaKurt
    Thanks Tim for the TF tuned hint. I just might consider using them and paying for the satisfaction, rather than risk another bungle second time around from Fishers.

Sounds like mixed fortunes generally here. I've learn the lesson that for any expensive/main component, it's best to avoid mail order shopping.

KK.