pedal stuck in crank arm

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited June 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
so i'm replacing the cranks on my orange patriot, got the cranks off, BB out no problems, except i can't get the pedal out the non-drive side. left it to soak in WD40 all day and it won't budge. It's a raceface turbine crank - fairly expensive, so binning it is out of the question. Would heating it up with a blowtorch work or would that potentially fuck it up? i know it would mess up the decals :(]

Do you reckon a bike shop would be able to do it for me?

cheers
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You turning it the right way?

Try soaking in Plus Gas (Halfords)
  • ilovedirt
    i wasn't to begin with, but i realised and it wouldn't budge either way

Might try that ^ gonna take it down a bike shop on monday and see if they can do anything
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • mtbhenry888
    mtbhenry888 Posts: 287
    try a long piece of steel pipe over your pedal spanner fot more leverage or if the pedals have a hex ffitting on the back, an allen key with a seatpost over top for another 300 or so mm of leverage, just remember not to use a good seatpost!
    Carbon fibre, it's all nonsense. Drink beer. Ride a steel bike. Don't be a ponce.
  • ilovedirt
    ah good idea thanks!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    edited May 2009
    why did you remove the crank arm off the bb before removing the pedal?? also you say your replacing the cranks in one sentence then say you dont want to bin a race face turbine in the next, eh? why didnt you leave them on or am i missing something?
    who cares?
  • ilovedirt
    because i tried with it on and it wasn't moving before either
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    I took it in to my LBS and they charged me £2 to remove it for me, sorted :) Cheers for the help anyway guys. Also sorry for the double post
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5