Calling Van Nicholas Chinook and Euros owners

caw35slr
caw35slr Posts: 439
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
If you own a Van Nicholas Chinook or Euros I'd very much like your opinions on the frame.

What are the pros and cons? Are you happy with your VN? Would you pick differently (a different bike all together or maybe just a different VN)?

Cheers,
CAW

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    If you scroll down the topics there is an analogous one I opened a couple of days ago
    left the forum March 2023
  • caw35slr
    caw35slr Posts: 439
    Indeed there is, here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12626310

Can one of the moderators delete this topic please?
  • caw35slr wrote:
    If you own a Van Nicholas Chinook or Euros I'd very much like your opinions on the frame.

What are the pros and cons? Are you happy with your VN? Would you pick differently (a different bike all together or maybe just a different VN)?

Cheers,
    CAW
    I have two Van Nicholas bikes, a ‘Yukon’ and ‘Chinook’, the latter I use for special occasions on sunny days when I want to feel like Lance Armstrong and I also use it for the occasional race; which sadly normally means I feel less like him!

I chose Chinook over Euros for two reasons, firstly I do still race a little and the Chinook is set up to be slightly stiffer with more focus as a race bike, the Euros is set up to be slightly less stiff and aimed more at the ‘sportive’ market, I have my Yukon for that style of riding.

Secondly I keep my bikes for years, the Yukon replaces the red Audax frame that was twenty years old that can be seen in my Lejog and Corsica tours below, the Yukon can be seen in the Pyrnees tour. The Chinook replaced a thirty year old Gios, the Chinook has slightly more classic lines than the Euros so I felt it look contemporary for longer.

Paul_Smith
    www.corridori.co.uk